Raz-Kids has become one of the things that is loved by both students and teachers. It eases two of them. One of the best things that comes with Raz-Kids for the students is the feature to record themselves reading. Basically, there are a lot of books and passages to read offered by Raz-Kids and the students can record themselves to challenge their reading skill.
Steps to record themselves reading on Raz-Kids:
- For the students that want to record themselves reading on Raz-Kids, the first thing that they have to do is to log into their Raz-Kids account.
- When they are there, find the Reading Room and choose it.
- Then, choose Leveled Books.
- After that, they can just click on the headphones to listen to the story.
- When the listening session is done, the next thing is to click on the book to read the story on their own.
- Then, click the arrow located on top for the drop down menu.
- The seventh step is to click on the Microphone.
- In this step, they will need to allow the microphone to be used.
- When it is allowed, please click the red circle to record themselves reading out loud.
- Read the story out loud.
- If they want to stop the recording, all that should be done is to click the square. In order to play and listen to the thing that has been recorded, click the green triangle.
- If the result is not satisfying and they want to re-record themselves, they can just click on the arrow to start over. To do this, please go back to the beginning of the book.
- Once they have listened to the story and after the process of recording out loud themselves is done, they can challenge themselves by taking the quiz. Keep in mind that all the questions that will be asked are related to the books that they have read before so please recall your memory to answer all the questions.
- In case the result is not that good and they are not satisfied with the score that they get, they might want to go back and listen to the story for the second time. After they are sure that you understand and remember the story well, they can take the quiz again and try to get all the answers correct.
If they are still confused at how to record themselves reading on Raz-Kids, here is the simple guide that might be more helpful:
- Firstly, the students have to log in to their Raz-Kids account.
- Then, choose a book.
- Next, click on the Book icon to be able to read the book.
- After that, click the triangle icon located at the top of the screen in order to open the eTools menu.
- The fifth step is to click the microphone icon.
- When the microphone is on, it is time to record for the maximum of 15 minutes by clicking the Record button. Once the 15 minutes passes, the recording process will automatically stop.
- In case the students want to stop the recording, they can just click the Stop button. If they stop the recording for a while and they want to resume it, the button that should be clicked is the Record button. If they stop the recording because they want to start over and erase everything that has been recorded, please click the New button instead. They can resume listening from the start if the Stop button is clicked during the playback of a recording, which can be done by clicking the Play button. Apparently, the Play button is disabled until after the recording has started.
- When the process of recording comes to an end, they can send the recording to the teacher by simply clicking the Done button. Take note that it is needed for the recording to be at least 30 seconds long for it to be in the In Basket of the teacher and for the students to gain starts.
In case the information is not clear, you can visit the official website of Raz-Kids at raz-kids.com. For those who have some questions to ask, you are recommended to contact its customer support, which can be done by dialing the phone number at 866-889-3729 (US toll free) or 520-232-5000 (direct), sending an email or chat through the official website or Raz Kids at raz-kids.com, or by sending a mail to its mailing address: Learning A-Z 1840 East River Rd, #320 Tucson, AZ 85718 USA.
Raz-Kids is not the only thing with the feature for the students to record themselves. There are some other ones that offer similar features. One of the most favorites is called Google Classrooms. Google Classrooms has several tools that can make it possible for the students to record themselves. These tools include Assignment Submissions, Fluency Tutor, and Live Sessions. These followings will talk about the second one, Fluency Tutor.
The thing known as Fluency Tutor is a tool that is good to improve online literacy. This one is made with the purpose to help the students in improving their reading fluency while they are saving time throughout the process. The assignments can be made by the teachers from within the app. There are two options for teachers to choose from. The options include choosing the reading passages or creating them by themselves. Not only the teachers, the students are also able to make the reading passages by using the content on any website and all the passages will be saved on Google Drive.
Fluency Tutor is the answer for the teachers who are busy. With this app, the students are allowed to record themselves reading the passages. They can get a grade that is based on the Quick Score function. Plus, they can also send their recording to the teachers if they prefer to be assigned by the teachers.