If you are a student who wants to know the way to login to CodeHS, you have to read this entire article. Here we are going to inform you of the way to login to CodeHS. Make sure you do not miss any information from this text below.
Logging Students in With Google Classroom
The students will be able to log in with their Google accounts when their Section is synced with Google Classroom. If your teacher imported your section from Google Classroom, the students do not need to make CodeHS accounts. Syncing your roster will make an account automatically for the students who are enrolled in your Google Classroom section.
Here are steps for the students to login on CodeHS:
- The students have to go to codehs.com. For note: If your teachers have class periods back-to-back, the students may need to log out of a different student’s account.
- Now, the students are able to click Log In
- The students have to choose Log in with Google and must choose the Google account which is associated with your Google Classroom section.
Helping Students Log in to CodeHS
Recover and change student usernames and passwords to solve student account problems.
Manage Student Accounts
From your Teacher Page, you are able to select a section and click Manage Student Accounts up at the top of the roster. On this page you are going to see two things:
- Each student’s username and email address
- The choice to change any student’s password
Change a Student’s Password
If you have a student who cannot access their own account, then you are able to update their password from your teacher account.
- On the roster page, you have to click Manage Student Accounts.
- After that, click Change Password for the student whose password you want to update.
Students Cannot Sign in with Username and Password
If a student cannot sign in with their username and password, ask them to try signing in with Google. If you or your students made accounts with Google Classroom or with a Google email, your students will be able to sign in if they click the Sign in with Google button. If that does not fix the issue, the students are always able to click the Forgot Password button to try to reset their password, and retry logging in with their username.
Log in with Google Goes to the Wrong CodeHS Account
If the students are using Google Chrome, the browser will be able to be associated with their Google Account that will automatically log them in to CodeHS even if another student is attempting to log in. The students are able to solve this case by signing out of the Google Account from the browser. The students are able to do this by clicking the three dots on the top right and hitting the Settings button. From there, the students should be able to Sign Off, and then remove their Google Account from the browser.
There is a way to prevent this case. The students have to use incognito tabs when they sign on to CodeHS. The students are able to access incognito browsers by clicking the three dots on the top right of the Chrome browser, and then click New Incognito Window. Keep in mind that several schools disable incognito browsing on the network, thus if this does not seem to exist, it is most likely because your school disabled that feature.
Making an Account, Joining a Class Section, and Getting Started in CodeHS (For Students)
In this paragraph, we are going to inform you how to sign up for CodeHS as a student, enroll in your class section, and get started in CodeHS.
Making a CodeHS Account (For Students)
Your teacher will give you a Class Code or URL. If you click on the URL, then you are going to be asked to make an account with CodeHS. Also, you are able to go to the official site of CodeHS and sign up as a student, then you have to enter the Class Code to join your teacher’s Section.
Need to know that CodeHS sections which use Google Classroom will not have a Class Code. After your teacher makes their section, do some steps below:
- Firstly, go to codehs.com.
- After that, click Sign up.
- Then, click Log in with Google and you are going to be taken to your assignments.
If your teacher gave you a Join Link, then simply you are able to click the Join Link or copy and paste it into your browser.
If your teacher gave you a URL or Class Code:
- You have to go to codehs.com.
- Then, click Sign Up.
- Next, you are able to make a Student Account.
To make your account:
- You have to enter your first and last name.
- After that, enter an email address. For note: your email address does not need to be a working email. This is going to be your login and your teacher will be able to change it later if they need.
- Then, you have to make a password. Your teacher will help with resetting your password if you want it.
- If your teacher gave you a Class Code, you are able to enter it at the bottom of the page.
- If your teacher sent you a Join Link, it is going to be filled in automatically. If you do not have a class code or a join link, you have to reach out to your teacher.
How to Enroll in Another Section from the Student Page?
- If you have a CodeHS account, you are able to enroll in a new Section by using the Class Code.
- Please go to codehs.com/join_class or click on the Join Section located in the left navigation bar.
- If you are logged into CodeHS and visit the invitation URL, automatically you are going to go to the Join Section page.
Getting Started in CodeHS
Whenever you login, you are going to see your student page which lists all the sections in which you are enrolled. Please click the name of the section to see all modules and then start working through the curriculum. Clicking on Resume will take you to the last activity you were working on.