After using Course Hero for quite some time, you might think that the help provided by the tutors are not helping or not satisfying. In this kind of case, you are recommended to flag the moderator within the Question thread so that they can follow up internally. In the worst case, you might also want to request that the Question be canceled and considered for refund. If you want to get your money back from Course Hero, here is the refund guide for you.
If you want to get a refund, you will need to know if you qualify for it. To be able to find out about it, the fastest way that you can do is to reach out to the representative of Course Hero through the Contact Us button that is found on the official website of Course Hero. Here is the complete step how to do that:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the official website of Course Hero at https://www.coursehero.com/.
- When you are on its front page, scroll down until you find the Contact Us button at the bottom and click it.
- By doing so, you will be presented with a pop up page entitled Contact Customer Support. On this page, select a category and an issue.
- Then, write down the description or the message that you want the customer support to know.
- Next, enter your contact information, including your first and last name and the email that you registered before.
- Apart from that, you also have to enter some additional information, such as your phone number, the last 4 digits of your credit card, the confirmation number, and the name on your credit card.
- Do not forget to also attach a screenshot.
- Once you are done providing everything, the last thing that you have to do is to press the pink Submit button.
- Just like that your ticket is submitted and you will just wait until they come back to you as soon as possible.
While waiting for your ticket to be responded to, you might be wondering when you will receive your refund. So, when will the time come? As informed on the official website of Course Hero, 3-7 business days are usually needed for them to process your refunds request. However, it may be longer up to 9 business days to be reflected in your statement. If you paid your subscription with PayPal, you can check your PayPal account when the time comes. If you want to move it from PayPal back to your account, it can be done by manually logging in to your PayPal account and transferring the funds to your bank.
Talking about a refund, it has a relation to one of the features offered by Course Hero, which is called Question. If your wish to get a refund is granted and your Question was canceled and the payment was made with one of your Questions, that Question will be returned to your account. In the case where the Question was paid for with a credit or debit card, the transaction will be reversed within 5 business days of its cancellation.
Before requesting a refund, you will have to cancel your Course hero subscription first. If you have not done it yet, these following guides will guide you to cancel it. Please choose one depending on when you purchased the subscription.
- First of all, you will have to go to the official website of Course Hero at coursehero.com from your favorite browser.
- When you arrive there, please log in to your account.
- After that, hover over your profile icon located in the top right corner and then go to Account Settings from the menu.
- Lastly, click the Stop Recurring Membership button.
- Then, complete the form and confirm the cancellation. Take note that the cancellation will be effective within 7 business days.
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the App Store.
- When it opens, tap your Profile icon. If you have no idea where it is, it is found in the top right corner of the screen.
- The next thing that you need to do is to tap the option for Subscriptions.
- Please tap your Apple ID name card located at the top to be able to access it from the Settings app.
- Then, find the Subscriptions and click it.
- By following the step, you will be shown with the list of all your subscriptions, including the current and the past.
- From the subscriptions, do not forget to tap the option for Course Hero.
- Then, tap the Cancel subscription button to make your Course Hero premier subscription canceled and go back to a Basic account.
- Firstly, you should open the Google Play Store.
- After opening the Google Play Store, it is time for you to log in to your Google account that you used to purchase the subscription.
- In the next step, tap your Profile corner located in the top right corner of the page.
- By doing so, a menu will open. Upon seeing the menu, go to Payments and subscriptions.
- Then, go to Subscriptions.
- From the list of subscriptions that open, please choose Course Hero and then make it open.
- Next, tap the Cancel Subscription button.
- By tapping the button, you will be able to see a confirmation message shown on the screen.
- Please tap the Cancel button to confirm your wish to cancel the subscription.
If after canceling the subscription and requesting for a refund and getting a notification that you would receive a refund but you still see another charge for the same timeframe, you can click Submit an Email and enter some information such as your PayPal email address (if PayPal was used), information about credit or debit card (if it is used), amount charged, and date of change.