For those who want to know what FVSU D2L is, you are able to read this entire article. Here we are going to reveal that information and also some information related to FVSU D2L. Ensure you do not miss any information here.
What is FVSU D2L?
FVSU D2L is a learning management system used by Fort Valley State University. It is hosted by Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L). FVSU D2L is used to deliver the university’s online courses. Also, it supports face-to-face and blended classes classroom instruction.
- FVSU D2L is extremely user friendly. With this, you will be able to navigate WebPages, complete online forms, and download files from the internet.
- FVSU D2L supports most modern web browsers such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. So, older browsers are not recommended.
- FVSU D2L uses popup windows for certain features. You need to ensure to disable the browser’s popup blockers or add FVSU D2L as an exception.
- FVSU D2L is supported by the Office of Distance Education. Distance Education provides and manages D2L for the FVSU community.
So, FVSU uses D2L Brightspace, often referred to as D2L, as the Learning Management System for their online classroom. Need to know that FVSU D2L is designed to be clean, streamlined, and mobile-friendly leading to an easy experience for the students and faculty.
Logging into FVSU D2L
Please log in to FVSU D2L to view your courses and take some time to familiarize yourself with the easy-to-use teaching and learning tools.
- Username: FVSU’s Third Party ID or Network ID
- First-time Users: Choose Forgot Password to be supplied a password reset link for access.
Password reset link is sent to the Banner Web preferred email address (Commonly the FVSU’s email account). If you are taking an eCore or eMajor class, you are able to check your campus email for the correct login information.
Here are steps to login to FVSU D2L:
- At the first step, you have to visit the login page.
- Once you are at the login page, you have to enter your username.
- Then, you have to enter your password.
- The last step, you only need to click at Login button.
In other cases, if you forget your password, then you are able to click at Forgot your password link. By clicking that link, you are going to go to the page of reset password. Please enter your username correctly and click submit button. Next, they are going to send you a password reset link to the email address associated with your username.
How to log out of FVSU D2L?
After you log in to FVSU D2L and finish all activities you want to do on FVSU D2L, then you have to log out of FVSU D2L. Keep in mind that it is really essential to log out of FVSU D2L, especially if you are using a public computer.
To log out of FVSU D2L, here are steps to do:
- On the Minibar, you need to click on your username.
- Then, you have to choose the Log Out button.
- Please make sure that you log out of FVSU D2L successfully.
After you log out of FVSU D2L successfully, you will be sure that no one can access your own account.
Finding your courses on FVSU D2L
There are lots of things that you can do on FVSU D2L Brightspace. One of them is finding your courses. In addition, here we are going to share the way to find your courses on FVSU D2L Brightspace.
Here are some steps to find your courses on FVSU D2L Brightspace:
- The first thing that you must do is to log in to FVSU D2L Brightspace.
- After logging in to FVSU D2L Brightspace, you are going to see the “My Courses” widget. It is shown on the home page.
- The “My Courses” widget is going to show the current courses for most users.
- The courses are able to be displayed for a specific semester by selecting the desired semester at the top of the “My Courses” widget.
- After you find your course, you will be able to select the course title to access the course.
- Also, as a user, you will be able to pin courses to appear at the top of the My Courses widget.
- Need to know that the Course Selector is another great way to easily search, discover, and pin courses. For note: the Course Selector icon is available in the top navbar to the left of the notification icons. You have to select the icon to view the course list and access the search box.
Navigating FVSU D2L Brightspace
There are some common interface elements that can help you navigate the FVSU D2L Brightspace Learning Environment. We are going to share those common interface elements in the text below. Here are they:
The minibar is always visible. It is going to help you navigate the FVSU D2L Brightspace Learning Environment.
- My Home
My Home is going to return you to the FVSU homepage in FVSU D2L Brightspace.
- Course Selector
You will be able to use the course selector to search and access your courses. For easy access, you are able to pin your courses to the top of the list.
This messages feature will notify you regarding unread mail and instant messages from the instructors and other learners.
This updates feature will notify you about new and updated announcements, due dates and end dates, and grades.
This element will notify you about new blog posts, subscribed discussion forums, topics, and threads.
This will allow you to make changes to your user profile, account settings, notifications, and log out.
This will give links to course-specific tools. For example: Discussions, Assignments, and Quizzes.
- Course Homepage
Course Homepage will provide quick access to important information related to the course.