The Fullbright Program refers to the program that exchanges scholars and students with several countries that have bilateral partnerships. This kind of program is managed by the commissions for every country. Every candidate that will be included in the Fullbright program must have a high academic achievement.
There are a lot of programs of Fullbright Scholarships. Below is the complete list of these programs:
- The Fullbright Degree Program: This one funds the graduate education for every international student who is eager to study in the United States of America. These students have to apply for the scholarship in their home country first and after passing a long process, they have a chance to pursue a Master or Ph.D program in the United States.
- The Fullbright U.S. Student Program: This one offers fellowships for the U.S. graduate students, graduating college seniors, young professionals, and artists to study, research, or teach English outside the United States. This program lasts for one academic year. Every participant will be facilitated a cultural exchange through the direct interaction on an individual basis in the field, home, classroom, and in regular tasks. This makes it possible for the grantee to get the appreciation of the viewpoints and beliefs of the others. They will also know the way they do things and the way they think about something. Since the first time this program was released in 1949, Harvard, Yale, Berkeley, Columbia, and Michigan have become the top ones in supplying the top students with Michigan has been ahead since 2005.
- Harvard University: 1,450 scholars
- Yale University: 1,208 scholars
- University of California, Berkeley: 1,002 scholars
- Columbia University: 1,001 scholars
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: 939 scholars
- Princeton University: 896 scholars
- Stanford University: 809 scholars
- University of Wisconsin-Madison: 805 scholars
- University of Chicago: 769 scholars
- Brown University: 7166 scholars
- The Fullbright Foreign Student Program: This one allows the graduate students, young professionals and artists from outside the United States to do research and study in the United States.
- The Fullbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program: This one gives a chance to every English teacher from outside the United States to improve their skills in teaching English. Plus, they will have a chance to know more about the American culture and society while at the same time strengthening the instruction of foreign languages at colleges and universities in the United States.
- The International Fullbright Science and Technology Award: This one is a part of the Fullbright Foreign Student Program. This program supports doctoral study at the United States institutions in technology, science, engineering, or any related fields. Those the excellent students can participate in this program.
- The Fullbright-mtvU Fellowships: This one gives an opportunity for the four students from United States to study the power of music as a cultural force aboard. The participants will do research for one academic year on projects of their own design about a selected musical aspect. Everything will be shared through video reports, podcasts, and blogs.
- The Fullbright-Clinton Fellowship: This one gives an opportunity for the students from the United States to serve in professional placements in the foreign government ministries or institutions to earn hands on public sector experience in joining the foreign countries.
- The fullbright Distinguished Chair Awards: This one gives a chance to a total of 40 distinguished lecturing, distinguished research and distinguished lecturing or search awards.
- The Fullbright Bicentennial Chair in American Studies at the University of Helsinki: This one gives a chance to the scholars to Finland.
- The Fullbright U.S. Scholar Program: This one gives a chance to the American faculty members, scholars, and professionals to outside United States to teach or do research for up to one year.
- The Fullbright Specialist Program: This one gives a chance to the U.S. academics and professionals to serve as expert consultants on curriculum, institutional planning, faculty development, and so on at institutions for about two to six weeks.
- The Fullbright Visiting Scholar Program and Fullbright-in-Residence Program: This one gives a chance for the foreign scholars to teach or do post-doctoral research for up to a year at U.S. colleges and universities.
- The Fullbright Regional Network for Applied Research (NEXUS) Program: This one is intended for junior scholars, professional, and mid-career researchers from the United States, Brazil, Canada, and some other Western Hemisphere nations.
- The Fullbright Teacher Exchange Program: This one supports one to one exchanges of teachers from K-12 schools and some post-secondary institutions.
- The Distinguished Fullbright Awards in Teaching Program: This one allows the teachers to pursue individual projects, do research, and lead master classes or seminars by sending them to the outside of United States for a semester.
Grants for professionals
- The Hubert H. Humphrey Program: This one gives a chance for the excellent mid career professionals from the developing world and societies to do something in the United States for one year.
- The Fullbright U.S. Scholar Program: This one gives a chance for the American scholars and professionals to get aboard to teach or do research for up to one year.
- The Fullbright Specialist Program: This one gives a chance for the U.S faculty and professionals to serve as expert consultants on curriculum, institutional planning, faculty development, and any related ones at academic institutions in aboard for a period of two to six weeks.
- The Fullbright U.S. Student Program: This one gives a chance to the U.S. graduating seniors, graduate students, young professionals and artists to learn something outside the United States for one academic year.
- The Fullbright Foreign Student Program: This one gives a chance to the graduate students, young professionals, and artists from outside United States to do research and learn something in the United States.
- Some of the Fullbright Program is allocated by the United States Department of Education for the Fullbright-Hays Program.
- All of them are given to individual U.S. K via 14 pre-teachers, teachers and administrators, pre-doctoral students, and post-doctoral faculty with the addition of U.S. institutions and organizations.