Medical Billing Specialists are required in almost all medical institutions who are responsible for dealing with the financial aspects of a business / organization. So, if you are an owner of a hospital, clinic, laboratory, psychiatric hospitals and also medical testing centers, you surely will need to hire a billing specialist who really fits the job.
Among a lot of responsibilities, medical billing specialists are assigned to identify all aspects of billing from point-of-sale (POS) entries including preparing code medical procedures, invoices, adjustments, collection of insurances and patient accounts as well as sending out bills to the patients.
Well, if you are a hospital owner or also job seekers who are looking for the position of medical billing specialist, of course you should know the job description of medical billing/coding specialist. However, that’s really required to ease you perform your medical billing job in case you’re hired by a hospital. Or if you’re a hospital owner, you can give a clear and precise job description for your employees.
Thankfully, this post will show you a bunch of sample medical billing job descriptions that you can download in PDF. Here you go!
The first free sample medical billing job description is officially owned by Easter Seals Blake Foundation. They posted a job description in the process of hiring a medical billing specialist to work in their organization located in Tucson, AZ.
Easter Seals Blake Foundation explained that medical billing/coding specialists should be responsible for interpreting, reviewing and also correlating standard medical coding to services their organization provides to client services, submission of billing and billing uploads to private and government payers and associated follow up. Moreover, the medical billing specialist should also be responsible for initiating and maintaining provider agreement and contracts.
- Responsible for translation and coding services provided using medical coding
- Submit paper and electronic billing to the payers timely in accordance with contract requirements including adjustments, corrections, rebilling and paper modifications to claims in accordance with documented billing procedures
- Works in coordination with Program & Division Directors, clinic department and also medical records to get information relevant to denied or rejected claims.
- Review denied or rejected claims and researches contract guidelines to ensure corrections, proper modifications and adjustment to claims are worked and resolved timely within 48 hours of receipt.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all governmental, contractor mandated regulations, funder or payer requirements as it’s associated with claims submission for service provided.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of Governmental Regulatory Billing and Funder billing changes.
- Provides continuous information and updates to management regarding ongoing payer related issues, ongoing errors, registration issues and other controllable QA related activities which affect reimbursement and payment methodology.
Download Free Sample 1 in PDF Here.
The second free sample medical billing job description is officially owned by Maple Valley Hospital. They posted a job description in the process of hiring a medical billing specialist to work in Maple Valley Hospital located in Minneapolis.
Maple Valley Hospital explained that medical billing/coding specialists should be responsible for the timely and accurately posting of payment and appropriate reimbursement for all patients’ accounts and claims billed from all insurance partners.
The medical billing/coding specialists are assigned to identify and perform all aspects of billing from point-of-sale (POS) entries, payment postings, contractual write-offs, adjustments, collection of insurances and patient accounts and claim follow-ups.
- Post returned checks, electronic and credit card payments from insurance companies and patients in the billing system.
- Keep up to date on information regarding medical billing and coding procedures, federal program, insurance carries and more.
- Analyze Medicare and Medicaid health policies and advises patients and providers based on what is covered and not covered by those insurance plans.
- Troubleshoot claims which are outstanding or have not been paid for more than 60 days.
Download Free Sample 2 in PDF Here.
The third free sample medical billing job description is officially owned by Advanced Personnel. They posted a job description in the process of hiring a medical billing specialist to work in their organization.
Advanced Personnel explained that medical billing/coding specialists should be responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments and for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
- Prepare and post clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically
or by paper.
- Answer any questions from patients and Insurance companies.
- Prepare, review and send patient statements.
- Evaluate the patient’s financial status and establish budget payment plans.
- Identify and solve patient billing complaints.
- Follow and report the status of delinquent accounts.
- Investigate and correct rejected and denied claims.
- Process payments from insurance companies.
- Translate patient information into alphanumeric and numeric medical codes.
- Use several coding systems, including Level 1 HCPCS and Level 2 HCPCS.
- Participate in educational activities and attend weekly, monthly and quarterly staff
Download Free Sample 3 in PDF Here.
The last free sample medical billing job description is officially owned by the Tribal Personnel Department. They posted a job description in the process of hiring a medical billing specialist to work in their organization.
The Human Resources Department of the Tribal Personnel Department explained that the main responsibility of the medical billing/coding specialists position is to get accurate reimbursement for healthcare claims utilizing medical classification codes to assign procedure and diagnosis codes for insurance billing. If a claim is denied due to incorrect coding, conducts medical records research and corresponds with insurance companies and healthcare professionals to resolve the issue.
- Prepare and maintain billing records for all billable resources accurately.
- Prepare and maintain billing records for all inpatient services as well as ancillary procedures, accurately.
- Verify patient insurance prior to processing pending charges for most accurate and up to date information.
- Provide direction with resubmission of bills for payment with corrections when problems occur.
- Responsible for daily development and review of journals for errors and corrections prior to submission for accuracy.
- Perform random provider chart audits to verify documentation to charges for errors and/or lack of information needed for proper billing.
Download Free Sample 4 in PDF Here.