Are you learning Prepositional Phrases? Do you want to find the Prepositional Phrases in the Sentences on Weegy? Now, you are able to read this entire article, here we are going to help you learning and finding the Prepositional Phrases in the Sentences on Weegy.
What is Weegy?
Before we talk about the Prepositional Phrases in the Sentences on Weegy, some of you may not know what Weegy is. Do not worry, now we are going to explain it first. You have to know that Weegy is a live question and answer interface where you are able to ask a question and get an answer in a matter of minutes. Simply, we are able to say that Weegy is an online platform which allows people to obtain money by answering questions. The website tries to answer the question first, but if it cannot it opens it up to you to answer. Usually, the students often use it in search of solutions for their assignments. Also, Weegy can be used by people who looking for answers about life and other problems.
According to the research, Weegy was established in 2008. It has grown in popularity over the last few years with over 35 million questions answered. Thus, Weegy is an Artificial Intelligence system which offers answers to several questions. When it has no response, usually the website pays other experts to give solutions to the questions.
In other cases, there are some people who use YahooAnswers to ask questions and find answers. The issue with that is they find the answers are poorly written or it takes too long. But, Weegy is fast and instant. On Weegy, if you ask the same question, you are going to get your answer about two minutes later. That is how fast Weegy is. We are going to review Weegy from two points of view, the asker and the answerer. Thus, anyone will be able to apply to be an answerer on Weegy. You are able to obtain money on Weegy for being an answerer. Everytime you answer a question on Weegy, then you are going to get points if the asker clicks the “like your answer” button.
Find the Prepositional Phrases in the Sentences – Weegy
On Weegy, you will be able to ask anything. For example, you want to find the prepositional phrases in the sentences below:
- They were traveling to Eropa.
Preposition phrase: to Eropa.
- Will you fly to London on Sunday?
Prepositional phrase: on Sunday.
- They life in the city.
- Preposition phrase: in the city.
At 7:55 a.m., our train leaves the station.
Preposition phrase: At 7:55 a.m.
- Under the railway, the men exchange drugs and money.
Preposition phrase: Under the railway.
- On the other hand, Michael likes apple.
Preposition phrase: On the other hand
- After swimming, we go out for hamburger.
Preposition phrase: After swimming
- By noon, all the runners should be finished.
Preposition phrase: By noon.
- Over spring break, she broke up with her boyfriend.
Preposition phrase: Over spring break.
- After dinner, we have to go to the cinema.
Preposition phrase: After dinner.
- Since 2021, he worked at the Bank office.
Preposition phrase: Since 2021.
- Underneath the table, the cute child hid.
Preposition phrase: Underneath the table.
- In the hospital, the bandaged child waited.
Preposition phrase: In the hospital.
Some Examples of Prepositional Phrase
- A handsome man with whom I met at the cinema were friendly.
- The salesperson will sell products from door to door.
- They are on the way to Brazil.
- Robby was asking about the program.
- Mike was putting the flowers in the vase.
- He was looking into the mirror.
- They can fix their car after many tries.
- Please pass us the book with purple cover.
- Look at the woman in the purple red shirt, she is looking suspicious.
- They will start their journey now because according to the weather forecast it will be sunny today.
- Michael along with David came to meet you.
- Their boss gave them lots of instructions regarding the job.
- He is now going over the station.
- They are traveling towards the zoo.
- They cannot see anyone through their window.
- The hollow-eyed person was coming towards us.
- Gradually they will get into trouble.
Common Words Start Prepositional Phrases
For those who want to find the prepositional phrase in a sentence, you need to keep an eye out for these words that signify the start of prepositional phrases:
- because of
- in front of
- in spite of
- instead of
- up to
- with regard to
- with respect to
What is a Prepositional Phrase?
Some of you may not know what a Prepositional Phrase is. Need to know, Prepositional phrase is a multiple words which are consisting of a preposition, object, and any words that modify that object. Usually, a prepositional phrase is going to modify a verb or a noun. Those two types of prepositional phrases are called adverbial phrases and adjectival phrases. At least, a prepositional phrase will consist of one preposition, and the object it governs. For your information, the object is able to be a noun, a gerund or a clause.