To create a good resume, you should write your information systematically. It means that your information must be described in a resume in an olderly format to ease the HRD reading all about your personal information.
The formats which are usually used to create a resume should contain heading, your objective, your qualification summary/skills, your experience, your employment experience, education and references. In other words, your resume should contain a whole of your personal information which are explained briefly.
Likewise with resumes for entry level medical billing and coding positions, you can also use those formats. Well, are you looking for the samples of entry level medical billing and coding resume? If so, thankfully, this post will show you some medical billing and coding resume samples to guide you make it better. Here you go!
The Format of Resume
Your resume should contains:
- Heading: You can write your complete name, address, a telephone number and a professional email address.
- Objectives: A resume objective is a statement of your goal. In this section, you should tell the employer that you know what you want and convince them that you’re already familiar with the position you’re applying for. In this case, a medical billing/ coding specialist.
- Skills: In this section, you should list your skills and knowledge that you’ve learned as a medical billing/coding specialist.
- Employment Experience: Here you should list your present and/or past employers. In this section, you can also list the company, dates of employment, position and list your duties/responsibilities. As you want to apply for the medical biller/coder position, make sure to tell your employment experience as clearly as possible to convince the HRD.
- Education: Tell your education by listing the school you attended, degrees, certifications and any special achievement you have earned.
- References: The last format is optional. There’s no need to include reference on your resume. You can only write ‘available upon request’ and provide them if the employer requests them.
Resume Sample 1
Tyler Doe, 888 Harris Street – Dover, DE 00000, Cell: 302-111-1111 – Email: email@example.com
To provide efficient, accurate, and professional medical billing and coding services to a healthcare provider.
MEDICAL BILLER and MEDICAL CODER SKILLS
- Trained in CPT-4
- Trained in ICD-9
- Medical insurance billing
- Medical coding
- Medical terminology
ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS EXPERIENCE
- MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Records maintenance
- Professional manner with patients
- Can type 50 words per minute
Medical Billing and Coding Intern (unpaid internship) Children’s Hospital, Dover, DE – July 2014 to October 2014
- Assisted in billing for patient accounts for over 75 accounts
- Identified unpaid accounts and assisted in follow-up
- Provided data entry and photocopying
- Checked ICD-9 codes to check for accuracy
- Verified patient status under Medicaid
Customer Service Associate Walgreens, Co., Dover, DE – September 2012 to June 2013
- Helped customers with purchases, returns, and complaints
- Served about 100 customers daily
- Assisted with restocking and managing inventory
- Harris School of Business, Dover, DE (accredited school), Health Claims Specialist diploma, October 2014, XXX-hour program; XXX-hour externship placement
- Regional High School, Dover, DE Diploma, 2012
- John Doe, Instructor, Harris School of Business, Phone: 800-510-7920
- Sally Doe, Externship Supervisor, Children’s Hospital, Phone: 856-111-1111
Resume Sample 2
Here’s another resume sample that you can choose. This sample is a bit different from sample 1. In sample 1, we tell the employment experience before education. While, in sample 2, you can make a change to tell your employment experience after education.
706 E 40th St. Brooklyn, NY 11210, United States
Seeking a position as a Medical Biller with Technical Medication where I may be able to use my training in order to facilitate payments and billing procedures of the facility.
Medical Biller/ Coders Skill
- Trained in preparing and submitting clean claims to various insurance companies
- Proven ability to prepare and review patient statements and resolve patient issues regarding billing
- In-depth knowledge of processing full-cycle billing and charge entry for all types of claims
- Familiar with interviewing, selecting and evaluating performance of all direct billing reports
- Knowledge of medical and billing terminology
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Able to manage a variety of complex medical billing issues
Certified Medical Billing and Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) – AAPC
New York State University – Glendale, NY – 2016
Associate’s Degree in Finance
Campus Involvement and Volunteer Work
- Worked as a volunteer for the college first aid society
- President of the drama club
- Member of the school CPR team
- Health Insurance/Managed Health Care
- ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II Coding
- Processing Insurance Claims
- Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Essential CMS-1500 Claim Instructions
- Commercial Insurance
- CMS Reimbursement Methodologies
Available Upon Request
Resume Sample 3
123 Maple Tree Lane ı Hoover, AL 35216 ı (205) 555-5555 ı firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail oriented quality focused professional billing specialist. Successful track record handling complicated assignments. Highly experienced In reconciling insurance and patient payments and resolving account disputes. Proficient in a variety of practice management software applications. Dedicated to maintaining strict patient confidentiality.
- ICD-9, CPT-10, & Medical Terminology
- Medical Insurance
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Phone Skills
- Various Practice Management Software
- Claim Entry & Payment Posting
- Records Organization & Management
- Insurance & Patient Aging
- HIPAA Compliance
- Online Claim Submission & ERA
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Alta Point
Medical Billing Specialist, Advanced Reimbursement Solutions, Trussville, AL, 10/2002 to Present.
- Responsibilities & Results:
- Improved revenue for most recent provider over 32% with same patient load
- Experienced billing for Family Medicine, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, and Mental Health specialties
- Ensure claims are entered and submitted with 48 hours of receipt
- Accurately apply payments to patient accounts
- Post and reconcile insurance and patient payments. Research and resolve incorrect payments, EOB rejections, and other issues with outstanding accounts
- Insure accuracy of insurance claims. Verify correct ICD-9 and CPT codes for a variety of specialties
- Set up new patient accounts
- Diploma – Medical Billing and Coding, Virginia College, Birmingham, AL, 1999
- Associate of Healthcare Reimbursement – Virginia College, Birmingham, AL 2003
- Certified Coding Associate – American Health Information Association (AHIMA), 2004
Available Upon Request
Okay, those are three samples for a medical billing/coding specialist resume that you can take for your resume.