Now, you may have a clue in your crossword where the clue is Egg in Zoology Lab. Since it is a biology term and you may not a biology expert, so you may need the answer for this clue. Let’s find the answer for this clue here.
The Answer for Egg in Zoology Lab Clue
If you are trying to answer a crossword and then you find a clue which says Egg in Zoology Lab, the answer for this clue is:
This clue appeared in the Daily Themed Crossword on October 19th, 2021.
Other Clues and Possible Answers for Crossword
Here, there are a number of clues and possible answers of crosswords. You can check them below who knows that now you are trying to find the answer for certain clues and you may find the answer here.
- Clue: Slack-jawed reaction
- Clue: Apple desktop
- Clue: __Rasputin…: 2 wds.
- Clue: __ Beta Kappa
- Clue: Cigar Residue
- Clue: Heaps
- Clue: Charlize Theron’s birth country: Abbr.
- Clue: The Last __ 2018 documentary about four triathletes
- Clue: Doesn’t Die Out
- Clue: Divine Garden
- The Clue is : Heart: Flatline to __ Line 2016 Documentary about six cardiac patients participating in athletic events
- The Clue is: Wedding words: 2 wds.
- The Clue is: Froot ___ (cereal brand)
- The Clue is: ___ DiFranco singer of Fire Door
- The Clue is: Homer Simpson’s cry
- The Clue is: Chemical suffix
- The Clue is: Utility bill data
- The Clue is: Actress Gardner from The Night of the Iguana
- Clue: Cable Alternative: Abbr
- The Clue is: Coastline feature
- The Clue is: Ambulance Sound
- The Clue is: Plead
- The Clue is: 100__2016 Spanish film about a man with multiple sclerosis who competes in a triathlon
- The Clue is: The Man with the __ 2018 documentary about British professional triathlete Tim Don
- Clue: Manicurist’s targets
- The Clue is: Length x width for a rectangle
- Clue: Raggedy doll
- Clue: Cricket pitch measuring unit
- Clue: Play parts
- Clue: Young boy in Scotland
- Clue: Gardener’s Tool
- Clue: Take a ___ at (try something)
- Clue: Oinker’s dig
- Clue: Call ___ day: 2 wds.
- Clue: Befitting
- Clue:U.N arm headquartered in Geneva: Abbr.
- Clue: German a
- Clue: Wetland
- Clue: Exec’s aide for short
- The Clue is: ___ Ten documentary about Adam a triathlete who attempts to break the ten-hour mark
- Clue: Juliet’s love
- Clue: Like some readers
- The Clue is: Everybody wants to ___ the World
- Clue: I second that!
- Clue: ___ of tongue (unintentional utterance)
- Clue: Give one’s word
- Clue: Took off suddenly
- Clue: Charged particles
- Clue: Christmas carol
- The Clue is: Actor Vin of the Fast & Furious franchise
- Clue: Stranded motorists’ organization: Abbr.
- Clue: Truth or ___?
- Clue: ___ and out (walkie-talkie conversation ender)
- Clue: Composer Zimmer
- Clue: Transmitted electrical impulses
- Clue: ___ Bitsy Spider
- Clue: Talk with excessive pride
- Clue: Actress __ Kaling from the Office
- Clue: U.C Berkeley B-school
- Clue: Certain eyebrow shape
- Clue: Actor Jared __ of Suicide Squad
- Clue: Med school course for short
- Clue: Yellowfin tuna
- Clue: Decompose as compost
- Clue: Narcotics watchdog: Abbr.
In the crossword above, the answer for Egg in the Zoology Lab clue is ovum. But, what is ovum? When you were at school, you may have learnt about it, but you forgot about it now. So, for improving the knowledge about it, let’s read the explanation about Ovum according to Britannica below.
Ovum, or ova in the plural form, is human physiology, single cell which is released from the female reproductive organs. It can develop into a new organism when it is fertilized with a sperm cell.
When the ovum develops, the walls of the follicle will expand by adding new cells. The follicle and ovum will move slowly through the tissue of the ovary. They do it until they cause a bulge in the surface of the organ. There is usually a fluid secreted by the follicular cells in the hollow cavity between the egg and the follicular wall. With it, the ovum keeps moist and it gives a suitable growing environment. What will happen if the follicle ruptures? If it happens, the egg will be released from the ovary and it is captured and guided by the fallopian tubes. The egg is moved to the cavity of the uterus by muscular contractions of the fallopian tubes.
In the ovum, there is a central nucleus which contains the genetic material of female. Together with the genetic material in the sperm cell, it determines the inherited characteristics of the child. There is a cell plasma surrounding the nucleus. The cell plasma is also called yolk and it contains nutritional elements essentials to the developing egg cell.
Let’s say that an egg is not fertilized in 24 hours of its eruption. If so, it will start to degenerate. If the egg is fertilized, it will experience a series of cell divisions. Let’s say that at an early stage of its development the egg which has been fertilized splits into two parts that continue to grow. If it happens, it will become identical twins. However, if the division is incomplete, it will become Siamese twins where it will be born physically joined. What about fraternal twins? It happens when there are two separate eggs which are released and independently fertilized.
As explained on Wikipedia, in all mammals the ovum is fertilized inside the body of the female. The ovum is one of the biggest cells in the human body and usually it can be seen with the naked eye without having to use a microscope or other magnification device.