Drag the Appropriate Labels to Their Respective Targets is one of the questions that you can find on the Cells and Tissues test. Also, this question will be available on many online quizzes. However, here we are going to talk about this question and other questions on the Cells and Tissues test.
On the Cells and Tissues test, you will be able to find seven questions like this; Drag the Appropriate Labels to Their Respective Targets. This question asked you to match the appropriate labels/pictures to their respective targets. To learn the Cells and Tissues test, click this link here.
Besides question Drag the Appropriate Labels to Their Respective Targets, here are other questions for the Cells and Tissues test:
- Which of the following best demonstrates the principle of complementarity of structure and function?
A. The heart and blood vessels circulate blood continuously to carry oxygen and nutrients to all body cells.
B. Atoms, the tiny building blocks of matter, combine to form molecules such as water and proteins.
C. The liver, the brain, blood vessels, and stomach are each responsible for a necessary activity that no other organ can perform.
D. Bones can support and protect body organs because they contain hard mineral deposits.
- Choose the answer that shows the correct order for the standard preparation of a histological specimen.
A. (1) fixation, (2) sectioning, (3) staining
B. (1) fixation, (2) staining, (3) sectioning
C. (1) sectioning, (2) staining, (3) fixation
D. (1) staining, (2) fixation, (3) sectioning
E. (1) sectioning, (2) fixation, (3) staining
- Which tissue type consists of a sheet of cells that covers a body surface or lines a body cavity?
A. connective tissue
B. nervous tissue
C. epithelial tissue
D. muscle tissue
- Connective tissues ________.
A. primarily consist of extracellular matrix
B. arise from different types of embryonic tissue; therefore, they have little relationship or kinship to one another
C. are all avascular
D. are delicate tissues, not designed to bear weight or withstand abrasion or tension
- Which of the following is NOT a role of connective tissue?
- Which of the following is NOT one of the subdivisions of anatomy?
A. gross anatomy
B. developmental anatomy
C. renal anatomy
D. systemic anatomy
- Which of the numbered cell types is primarily responsible for producing protein fibers found in connective tissue proper?
- Which cell component helps to maintain the structural integrity of the cell?
- Which organelle is responsible for synthesizing proteins?
A. smooth endoplasmic reticulum
C. Golgi apparatus
- Which of the following is characteristic of cilia?
A. They move substances in any direction across cell surfaces.
B. They are whiplike, motile cellular extensions that occur in large numbers on the exposed surfaces of certain cells.
C. They are used for cellular adhesion.
D. They are substantially longer than flagella, and are most easily seen in human sperm cells.
- Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of peroxisomes?
A. They contain powerful enzymes called acid hydrolases.
B. They contain powerful enzymes called oxidases.
C. They aid in the neutralization of dangerous free radicals.
D. They contain powerful enzymes called catalases.
- Which of the following increases the surface area of certain epithelial tissues?
B. basement membrane
C. basal lamina
- Mucous cells are ________.
A. multicellular exocrine glands
B. hormone-producing glands
C. endocrine glands
D. unicellular exocrine glands
- Which tissue is correctly paired with its primary cell type?
A. cartilage: fibroblast
B. connective tissue proper: chondroblast
C. bone: osteoblast
D. bone: fibrocyte
- The correct order of events in tissue repair, from first to last, is ________.
A. organization, inflammation, and regeneration
B. inflammation, regeneration, and organization
C. regeneration, organization, and inflammation
D. inflammation, organization, and regeneration
- Choose the anatomical topic and definition that is not correctly matched.
A. Microscopic anatomy: study of structures too small to be seen by the naked eye.
B. Embryology: study of the changes in an individual from conception to birth.
C. Gross anatomy: study of structures visible to the eye.
D. Cytology: study of the structures in a particular region
- Of the following NOT an example of maintaining boundaries?
A. The human body as a whole is enclosed and protected by the integumentary system.
B. Single-celled organisms possess a limiting membrane that encloses its contents and lets in needed substances while restricting entry of potentially damaging or unnecessary substances.
C. When your hand is exposed to extreme heat, you involuntarily pull your hand away from the painful stimulus.
D. Each cell in our body is surrounded by a selectively permeable membrane.
- Which life process in the body sustains all others?
- Which of the following is the proper description of the human body in the anatomical position?
A. The body is erect with feet together, palms facing backward and the thumbs pointing toward the body.
B. The body is erect with feet together, and palms facing the thighs with thumbs pointing forward.
C. The body is erect with feet slightly apart and arms extending perpendicular to the torso along a straight line with the clavicle.
D. The body is erect with feet slightly apart, and palms face forward with thumbs pointing away from the body.
- What is the role of the serous membranes covering some organs?
A. to prevent friction between the organ and body cavity wall
B. to provide a protective outer covering for the organ
C. to provide passage of nutrients for the organ tissues
D. to serve as extra tissue for blood flow to the organ
- Match the words in the left column to the appropriate blanks in the sentences on the right. Make certain each sentence is complete before submitting your answer.
A. The bridge of the nose is ____ to the left eye.
B. The lungs are ____ to the heart.
C. The fingers are ____ to the wrist.
D. The stomach is _____ to the spine.
E. The upper arm is ____ to the forearm.