For anyone who is a student, you cannot miss the chance to get an Apple Music discount that is specifically made for the students like you. By subscribing to this streaming service, you will be able to access millions of songs, exclusive radio channels, and imitate interviews with the biggest recording artists in the world. There is no doubt that Apple Music is the perfect option to access all the things mentioned before. In addition, there is also a deal that offers a free subscription to Apple TV Plus, so you can catch up on your favorite series or drama.
The Apple Music student discount is able to be claimed. If you want to claim it, you can find the guide to do so on the official website of Apple. If you want everything to be easier, you are recommended to sign up through the third-party platform called UNiDAYS. In case you are not familiar with this one, it refers to a host of retailers that offer exclusive discounts to students. From the explanation, there is no doubt that creating an account is worth it. However, it will be needed for you to use your university or college email address to prove your eligibility. Basically, if you are a student of Penn Foster, it means you will need to use your Penn Foster student email address. The question is, does Penn Foster have a student email?
The sad news is that the answer to the question is no. Penn Foster does not have a student email. It is such an unfortunate and such a shame. However, even if you do not have a student email, you will still be able to get a student subscription to Apple Music by entering your personal email address. If you have no idea how to get it, here is step by step to follow:
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the Apple Music app. Apart from that, you can also open iTunes.
- When one of them opens, go to Listen Now or For You.
- After that, tap or click the trial offer. Keep in mind that one trial per person or family.
- Then, choose Student and tap or click Verify Eligibility.
- By following the step, you will be directed to the official website of UNiDAYS. When you are there, it will be needed for you to follow the prompts that are shown on the screen to verify your enrollment. Once you are verified by UNiDAYS that you are a student, they will redirect you back to the Apple Music app or iTunes.
- The next thing that you need to do is to sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use to make purchases. If there is no Apple ID, you can choose Create New Apple ID and then follow the instructions.
- Afterward, conform your billing information and add a valid payment method.
- When everything is done, it is time for you to tap or click Join.
What to do if you want to get an Apple TV+? For those who want to get Apple TV+ and have an Apple Music student subscription, you will be able to get free access to Apple TV+ for a limited time. Feel free to open the Apple TV app and start watching Apple Originals. If you are thinking of sharing this with your family, unfortunately, there is no way to be able to do that.
When your Apple Music student subscription is about to end, you will get a message asking you to verify your student status in the Apple Music app or iTunes. Actually, it is also possible to verify your student status in the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
For anyone who sees a message that asks you to verify your student status, below is the guide that you have to follow in the iTunes for Windows:
- First of all, tap or click Verify
- The next thing that you have to tap or click is Go to Website.
- When you are on the website, sign in to your institution’s portal.
- Once you are done signing in, you will be taken back to Apple Music and see a confirmation screen.
If you are in Settings on your iPhone, IPad, or iPod touch, please follow the following instructions instead:
- Firstly, you should go to Settings > [your name], and then tap Subscriptions.
- The second thing that should be tapped is Apple Music Membership.
- Another thing to be tapped is Verify your student status. By doing so you will be taken to the official website of UNiDAYS.
- When you are on the official website of UNiDAYS, you will have to follow the prompts in order to verify your eligibility. If the process of verification goes well, you will be directed to Apple Music and you can continue your Apple Music student subscription.
If you are not a student anymore or if you complete 48 months of a student subscription, the subscription that you have will automatically become an Apple Music individual subscription. It means there is no way for you to be able to access Apple TV+ for free anymore.
For anyone who is no longer a student or has completed 48 months of a subscription but still asked to verify your student status when opening Apple Music, you may be annoyed by it. Is there any way to make it stop coming? If you are annoyed by the annoying message, all that you have to do is to tap or click “I’m No Longer A Student”. Just like that you will not be asked to verify about this thing again. In case you do not confirm during the verification period and you still have time left in your 48 months, it will be needed for you to re-enroll as a new student.