Using a technology to study makes you need to learn much about the platform that is used by your school. Now, how about Microsoft Teams? Can you use it when you study in DCPS? Here, we will explain to you about the student guide to use Microsoft Team.
Here are the student guide for Microsoft Team.
- You have to access oneview.duvalschools.org and there you have to log in using your username and password. If you are using a DCPS device, the format of your username is s+your student ID. If you are using your own device, your username is your student email address, s+your student IDemail@example.com. If you have been logged in, you will click on the waffle in the upper left corner.
- It will open up to all of the Microsoft Apps you have available to you through DCPS. The thing that you need for Duval HomeRoom is Teams, so you have to click on Teams.
- It will open up to the Teams which have been set up for each of your classes. If you want to open up the class, you have to click on it.
- When you are in the class, it is what you will see. Every class will open up to General Posts. There, you will be able to see new assignments and announcements from your teacher.
- At the top of your Team page, there are various tabs. Your teacher may add more. So, you have to make sure to pay attention to this area. Here are some tabs with the functions of each of them.
- Files. This tab is where your teacher may upload class documents. The documents will be read-only. However, you are able to open and download a copy if you need it.
- Class Notebook. This tab will open up to your class OneNote. In case your teacher selects to use this for notes or assignments, they will give specific directions regarding that.
- Assignments. This tab is where you will be able to see all the assignments that have been assigned to you.
- If you click on the Assignments, here are the things that you will see:
- What has been assigned
- When it’s due
- What you have already completed
It is important for you to pay attention to due dates so you do not fall behind.
- If you open an assignment, here are what you will see:
- The specific instructions from your teachers
- Any documents or resources which are needed for the assignment. You can click to open and edit them.
- If the teacher wants you to upload a new document, you can click on +Add Work.
Your teacher can see and check your progress on an assignment even if you do not turn it in. If you are stuck or you may not be sure whether you do something correctly or not, you feel free to ask them to take a look and provide help.
To make your teacher know that you are completed with a task, you have to push the Turn In button in the top right. It is also important for you to download the Teams app on your smartphone and have access to all your classes there.