If you decide to take an online education such as in Washburn University through their D2L, then you need to know everything about D2L. You need to know how to login, get help when you find any difficulties in using D2L and many more. Here, we have some information about it for you as a guide.
Logging in at D2L Washburn
If you want to be able to access your D2L (Desire2Learn) account in Washburn University, there are two ways. Those ways are explained below.
- The first way is that you have to log into your MyWashburn account first. And then, you have to go to the MyCourse tab and after that click on the Desire2Learn (D2L) logo. You can also be taken to your D2L account if you click on the course title of a course that uses D2L.
- Another way to access D2L at Washburn University is by opening a new browser window or tab and then you have to go to https://d2l.washburn.edu. You have to log in by using your MyWashburn username namely firstname.lastname and also enter your current password.
What do we have to do if we are not able to log in to D2L at Washburn University? You are able to do the things below.
What To Do If We Cannot Log In
It is important for you to know that your D2L account is linked directly to your MyWashburn account. If you find that you are not able to log into your D2L account, first you have to make sure that you can log into your MyWashburn account by accessing https://my.washburn.edu. There, you have to enter your username and password. It is important to know that if this is your first time to use MyWashburn or you have forgotten your MyWashburn password, you are able to click on the appropriate link which can be found on the login page. If you need further help, you are able to contact the Technology Support Center by calling (785) 670-3000.
Then, if you cannot login to a D2L account, you also have to make sure that your MyWashburn password does not include any special characters such as #, @, %, and many more. If you want to change your password to one that includes only letters and numbers, you have to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to log into your MyWashburn account.
- Then, you have to click on the My Account link which can be found in the upper left corner of the page.
- Next, you have to enter your old password and then the new password twice.
- Here, you have to click on the Save Changes button which can be found in the bottom right corner.
Another thing that you should notice if you cannot login to your D2L at Washburn University is whether or not you have had a recent name change. If so, this process involves updating all of the systems and it may take some time to finish. If it is complete, you will receive notification and you are able to start the new MyWashburn username.
Online Education (D2L) Support at Washburn University
If you have some questions about online education at Washburn University such as Desire2Learn (D2L), Respondus, Respondus LockDown Browser, Respondus Monitor, textbook integrations and course meges, the Online Education Department can answer your questions. It is important for you to know that D2L reference materials are available online and you can access them from your Desire2Learn Homepage after you log in.
According to the official website of Washburn University, the support of D2L starts on January 28th, 2019 and they are available 24/7. Brightspace (D2L) will provide phone support, chat and email to answer support questions as you can see below.
- Phone support at 1-866-888-1272 and it is available for 24/7;
- Chat by accessing the widget off your D2L homepage and it is available for 24/7;
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or access to self-help solutions at here. This service is also available 24/7.
In Desire2Learn, at the top of any page, you are able to find a link to the Online Student Resource Center. In this center, you will get information about a lot of the things that you may need to know as a student at Washburn. Several things that you will find here include:
- Desire2Learn (D2L) Orientation
- Getting Started at Washburn and it includes instructions on how to use parts of MyWashburn
- The information about Academic Advising
- The information about Academic Support
- Technology Resources
The Steps to Email Your Instructor in D2L
If you want to send an email to your instructor, here are the steps that you have to do.
- First, you have to go to the course.
- After that, you need to click on the Classlist link in the course menu.
- Now, you have to click on the instructor’s name.
- In this step, you have to write the email as usual.
- At last, you have to click on the Send button.
The Steps to Review a Quiz in D2L
Do you want to review the quiz in D2L? If you want to do that, you can follow the instructions below.
- First, you have to click on the Class Progress link which can be found in the course menu.
- After that, you have to click on the Quizzes on the left.
- Now, you have to click on the Details link which can be found under the Exam on the right.
- Here, you have to click on the attempt link to review your submission.
- At last, you have to click on the View Feedback link, when it is available, under a question to see the feedback.
If you access the Brightspace Community page at Washburn University website, there are links to the video tutorials about navigation basics, notification and account settings, working with discussion boards, submitting and reviewing assignments, taking and reviewing quizzes, reviewing quizzes and progress and grades. So, just access the page and click on one of the links based on the information that you need about D2L.