The University of North Georgia or UNG uses eLearning@UNG as its online learning management system. This online learning management system uses the platform named Brightspace by D2L. As informed on the official website of UNG, your information for eLearning is the same as your UNG email.
If you want to set up your email on mobile phones, here is everything to know:
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Settings app and choose the Mail, Contacts, and Calendar option.
- Then, choose Add Account.
- Next, choose Exchange.
- After that, enter your email, password, and description. For the faculty or staff, keep in mind that your email address will be your email@example.com, which is your first initial, your middle initial, and your last name.
- Please choose Next located in the top right of the screen.
- It is possible to adjust the sync settings if you want and then choose Save.
- For more information about the instructions with screen shots, Access the URL here or tap here.
- Firstly, head to the Settings app.
- When you are there, open email + accounts.
- Afterward, click Add an Account and then Outlook.
- In this step, enter your full UNG email address and password.
- By doing so, the email app will immediately find the server information and begin to download your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- To be able to get the detailed instructions that is added with screen shots, you can go to the Mobile Faculty/Staff Email Configuration page at here or Mobile Student Email Setup page at here. Please log in for the last one.
- In the beginning, you should open the Settings app. For those with the latest version of the Android OS, you can go to your mail app and skip step 2.
- After that, accounts selection > Add Account.
- Feel free to choose Microsoft Exchange Activesync or Corporate.
- The fourth step is to enter your full email and password.
- Keep in mind to click Next. However, if the option for the Manual Setup is given, please click it instead.
- Then, enter \EMAIL ADDRESS in the Domain\username column.
- In the Server field, type in outlook.office365.com.
- When everything is done, click Next.
- You can leave all defaults and do not forget to also name this account.
- If you want to get more detailed instructions with screen shots, you might want to visit the Mobile Faculty/Staff Email Configuration page at here or Mobile Student Email Setup page at here in ServiceNow. If you prefer the last one, please log in first.
Android – Gmail App:
Remember that the Android device is required to have Exchange Services and Gmail version 5.0 or above to use Gmail with the UNG email system. In fact, some manufacturers do not have this one, making your device incompatible.
- First of all, open the Gmail app and open the menu on the left side of the screen. Then, open the Settings panel.
- The second step is to choose Add Account and select Exchange or Corporate.
- Next, type your full @ung.edu email and choose Manual Setup.
- Please select Exchange or Corporate for the Account Type and then enter your UNG password.
- Remember to also enter your full UNG email address for Username, your UNG password for Password, and outlook.office365.com for Server. It is said that the other default settings are correct. Please permit the Administrative rights after choosing Next.
- In the end, you need to select the Sync option that you want. After clicking Next, Gmail is able to be activated as a Device Administrator.
- As stated before, feel free to go to the Mobile Faculty/Staff Email Configuration page at here or Mobile Student Email Setup page at here in ServiceNow if you need more detailed instructions with screen shots. In case you still need help, try to contact the UNG IT Service Desk by dialing the number 706 864 1922. To reach out to the UNG IT Service Desk, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Android – Galaxy S5:
- Choosing Apps is the first step.
- Then, choosing Settings, scrolling down and choosing Accounts.
- The next thing that you have to do is to choose Add Accounts and choose Microsoft Exchange Active Sync.
- In this step, enter your UNG email address and password.
- The fifth step is to choose Manual Setup.
- After choosing Manual Setup, enter Domain/Username, which has to be \email@example.com. Do not forget to include the back slash.
- Then, enter outlook.office365.com for the Exchange Server before choosing Next and then OK.
- After that, you will have to wait while the phone verifies the account information.
- When it finishes, it is time for you to scroll down and choose Next. For your information, some options will be pre-selected and it is possible for you to change any of these before proceeding.
- The next step to be done is to choose Activate.
- Feel free to edit the account name if you want and then choose Done after that.
- Access the URL here or tap here. if you want to get more detailed instructions with screen shots. Since the last one requires you to log in, please do it.
In case your phone is not included in the list, please visit the Mobile Faculty/Staff Email Configuration page at here or Mobile Student Email Setup page at here in ServiceNow. For the later one, login is required. If it is still not helpful, feel free to contact the UNG IT Service Desk at (706) 864-1922 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The term D2L UNG email can actually refer to a few things. Aside from the one above, it is also able to refer to the email for technical assistance. If you need technical assistance, you can contact the UNG Service Desk by sending an email to email@example.com.