In this page, we are going to share some information related to D2L MSU Mankato and other information related to Minnesota State University, Mankato. If you come to this page to find that information, make sure that you read this article until the end.
D2L MSU Mankato – What is D2l Brightspace?
D2L Brightspace is the learning management system (LMS) software that you use at Minnesota State, Mankato.
- For face-to-face, hybrid or blended, and or online courses.
- A lot of tools to make interesting and customized learning experiences.
- Analytics to assist you understand and monitor learner and program performance.
- Set-up automatic emails to provide kudos or encourage learners to take action
Student Guide to D2L MSU Mankato
D2L Brightspace is Minnesota State Mankato’s online portal for the classes which allow the students to stay connected with their coursework 24/7. It is a valuable learning tool for all students, including graduate, undergraduate, and online students. Every professor utilizes D2L Brightspace in their own way, and some do not use it at all. If you have questions about the usage of D2L Brightspace in a specific course, you are able to visit your professor. In the meantime, let us check out this guide below to learn the basics.
Connect to D2L MSU Mankato
If you want to connect to D2L MSU Mankato or D2L Brightspace, you have to visit the D2L site online in your web browser. Also, you are able to view your D2L classes on Mav Life, the official University mobile app. Aside from that, you are able to download Brightspace Pulse on Google Play Store or App Store.
Log in to D2L MSU Mankato
It is very easy to login to D2L MSU Mankato. Firstly, you have to enter your StarID. Then, you have to enter your StarID password to log in. Make sure that you enter your StarID and password correctly so that you will be able to log into D2L MSU Mankato successfully.
Customize your Profile
In your Profile, you are able to help your professors and classmates get to know you by adding information including your preferred nickname, your goals, your favorite TV shows, and more. On the web version of D2L, you are able to click on your name in the top right corner of the screen to navigate to your Profile page.
Find Class Materials
If you want to find class materials, the Content page found under the Materials tab is where you are going to find things like the reading materials, assignments, course syllabus, additional resources, and more. Also, you are able to check the completion progress on your tasks here.
View Class Calendars
You are able to see a calendar view of each of your classes to assist you stay on top of due dates, or select the option to see all of your class calendars. Select Calendar under the Materials tab.
Set Up Notifications
Using the Notifications feature, you are able to get text, email, and mobile notifications on the assignments, grades, announcements, and more. Please click on your name in the top right corner of the screen to open the Notifications page.
Complete Quizzes and Turn in the Assignments
Some professors give online quizzes and allow online submission of assignments. These options are discovered under the Assessments tab. You are able to take quizzes and upload all your assignment documents.
Communicate with Professors and Classmates
Do you have a question about an assignment or miss class and need an update? If you forgot to exchange contact information with your classmates, so you are able to see your Classlist under the Communication tab. You will be able to instant message your professors and classmates directly on D2L, or you are able to select the option to email them.
Check your Grades
You are able to see how you did on your assignments, quizzes, exams, and more as soon as professors post them. Please find your Grades page under the Assessments tab.
Get More Academic Resources
Do you need some extra help outside of class? Under the Student Resources tab, you are able to find information on tutoring, the writing center, library services, and more.
Student FAQ about D2L MSU Mankato
Here are some frequently asked questions about MSU Mankato (D2L Brightspace):
Why cannot log in to my D2L Brightspace account?
You get a “disactivated user” or “disabled account” message when you try to log in to D2L Brightspace. Resetting your Star ID password can solve most log in problems.
How do I sign up for notifications in D2L Brightspace?
To manage your instant notifications:
- Please login to D2L Brightspace.
- Then, click on your name in the top left corner to access your personal menu.
- After that, click on Notifications.
- Automatically your Mav Mail is set up for email notifications.
- If you want to receive text messages, you are able to click on Register your Mobile.
- Fill in the required information. You are going to be prompted to go through a verification code process with your phone.
- Please click on Save.
- Next, scroll down to Instant Notifications.
- Afterwards, check the box under the SMS column next to which items you want text notifications for.
- Please check the box under the Email column to select items you want email notifications for.
- Lastly, click on Save.
How do I reply to a thread in Discussions in D2L Brightspace?
To reply a thread in Discussion in D2L Brightspace:
- Firstly, log in to D2L Brightspace.
- Then, click on the course in which you want to access.
- After that, click on Communication and then Discussions from the main navigation menu.
- From the Discussions List, you are able to click on the Topic you want to reply.
- Please click on the thread you want to reply to.
- Now, you are able to click Reply to Thread.
- Just enter your reply.
- Lastly, click Post.
Why cannot I upload an Assignments file to D2L Brightspace?
Firstly, you have to check the Assignments folder Start and End date, if you are trying to submit a file outside of these dates you need to contact your instructor. You need to learn more about resolving upload errors.