How to login to D2L Millersville University? How is the process of learning through D2L at Millersville University? These questions may come to your mind when you know that Millersville University uses D2L. Here, we have some information about it so you can learn it.
How to Login to D2L Millersville University
If you are a Millersville University student, staff or faculty member, and you want to login to D2L Millersville University, you are able to follow the steps below.
- Put your cursor on Links For and then there will be some options. The thing that you have to do is to choose Current Students.
- When you are in the Current Students, then scroll down to find Go To Logins button. After you find this button, click on it.
- After you click on the Go To Login button, then you will be brought to a page where there are a number of options including myVILLE Portal, MAX, D2L, Zoom, MU Video, Wiki, Office 365, Payment Portal, Banner Administration and many more. Since you want to login to access D2L, so you have to choose D2L.
- After you click on D2L, then you will be taken to the D2L Brightspace login page. There, you have to click on Login button. If you are asked to authenticate, you can use your full Millersville University email address and your password. If you are prompted, you can confirm your identity by using multi-factor authentication (MFA).
If you are a student, staff or faculty member from another PASSHE University, you can login like this.
- In the D2L Brightspace Login page, you have to choose the InCommon Login button.
- Then, you have to click on the ‘Enter the name of the organization you are affiliated with…” text box.
- Now, you have to start typing the name of your home institution.
- In the institution list which comes up and narrows as you type, you need to click your home institution.
- If you are asked to authenticate, you can use the same username and password that you usually use with your home institution’ systems and services.
- If you are prompted, you must confirm your identity using multi-factor authentication.
By logging in you will be able to view your courses, explore tools and features and customize your eLearning experience.
How to Get a D2L Brightspace Account
All current students, faculty members and staff members will get accounts in D2L. So, if you are a member of the Millersville University community, you may have a D2L account.
However, if you are a new student or a new employee, then you have to make sure that you have completed important first steps as we list below.
- You have to submit all your completed and signed paperwork.
- If you are a new student, you have to pay your deposit.
- If you are a new employee, you have to complete the background check and clearance process.
If there is a short delay, you need to be patient because your paperwork is processed into Banner, the student information system. However, if the delay happens after several business days, you are able to contact the IT Help Desk.
Username and Password for Accessing D2L at Millersville University
If you are a student of Millersville University, your D2L username and password are the same as the username and password that you use to log into your Millersville email, the myVILLE portal and many other campus systems.
However, in case you have never used D2L before or you may have not used D2L since the spring of 2011, your password may not have been synchronized yet across to D2L.
Some Additional Required Software for D2L
For all courses in D2L, you will need Adobe Reader. It is used to read Portable Document Format (PDF) files which are posted in your course. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, you are able to download it first.
For some courses in D2L, you will also need Microsoft Office, Mu Video Personal Capture, and Zoom. Microsoft Office is needed to create or edit papers, presentations, spreadsheets or other documents. For these goals including file sharing, group collaboration and more, all Millersville University students, staff and faculty members are provided with Microsoft Office 365 by the university. MU Video Personal Capture is needed to complete video assignments. In some cases to be able to record video, you have to download and install Personal Capture. Zoom is needed for synchronous class sessions for group work, for recording video or for other collaborative purposes.
How to Enter a Course in D2L Brightspace at Millersville University
To enter a course, surely you have to login first. After that you can enter a course using the My Courses Widget as you can see below.
- You have to click on ‘View All Courses’.
- Then, you need to find the course that you want to enter.
- Now, you must click the name of picture of the course that you want to enter.
You can also enter a course by using the Course Selector in the Minibar. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to find the course selector in the minibar.
- Then, you need to click the course selector.
- In the menu that opens, you have to find the course that you want to enter. How to do it? You can scroll through the list of courses available to you. Alternatively, you can use the basic search feature. If you want to use the basic search feature, you have to type part of the course’s name into the ‘Search for a course’ box at the top of the course selector menu. Then, you need to press Enter or click on the search button. You can also use the Advanced Search. If you want to do this to find the course, you can click on Advanced Search and then type part of the course’s name into the “Search for course” box. Then, you can narrow search by one or more of semester, department, status, course start, and course end.
- In this step, you have to click on the name of the course that you want to enter.