D2L Clarion refers to the web based learning management system owned by Clarion University. The complete name of it is D2L (Desire2Learn) Brightspace. It is intended for both traditional and online courses.
The purpose of this is to provide a rich online learning environment for all students of Clarion University. The platform is where the instructors are able to share course documents, assignments and exams, lectures, and collaborative learning experiences such as discussion forums and many more.
D2L Technical Requirements
- Microsoft Edge (the latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (the latest version)
- Google Chrome (the latest version)
- Apple Safari (the latest version)
The Microsoft Internet Explorer (the latest version) used to be included on the list of the supported browsers. However, it is no longer supported for Brightspace access since January 2020. Please do not consider this browser anymore.
- Android 5.0+
- Windows 10
The other requirements:
- For anyone with desktop systems, it is needed for you to have Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or greater.
- Using either the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers is recommended.
Logging into D2L Clarion
Logging is needed if you want to access all Clarion University online courses. If you do not know how to do it, here is the guide that will help you:
- For anyone who wants to log into D2L, the first thing that has to be done is to go to the D2L page of the official website of Clarion University at clarion.edu/d2l. Not only that, you can also navigate through the MyClarion Tools link located in the gold bar across the top of the www.clarion.edu home page.
- When you are there, choose Clarion Students/Faculty/Staff.
- The next step is to enter your MyClarion username, which is your email address without @clarion.edu and your MyClarion password. Do not forget to hit the Login button after that.
- In the end, you will be able to access your course by clicking on the name of the course from the dropdown course selector that is found at the top of the page. If you want to make the course visible at the top of the list, all that should be done is to use the Pin icon to the right of the course name. Aside from that, you can also access your course by going to the My Course area, where all courses are shown in the area with a course graphic and title. For those who want to pin or unpin the courses from this area, you can just use the 3 dot actions menu on the course graphic. In addition, the courses can also be searched by clicking the View all Courses link located at the bottom left side of the screen.
About D2L Username and Password
Before accessing D2L, it is needed for you to initialize your student D2L account. It can be done by resetting the temporary password that is given when you enrolled. If you want to change your password, you can just access the password reset page.
For those who have registered your Secret Questions, you can go to the password reset page. In case you cannot recall the password for your Clarion username, please reach out to the Computing Services Help Desk by dialing the number 814 393 2640. Apparently, it is not available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so please call between 8:30 to 4:30 on Monday to Friday.
Introduction to D2L Clarion
- My Home Page
When you enter the D2L Clarion, the My Home Page is the first one that you see.
- Personal Settings
Everyone is able to find the Personal Settings by clicking on their name in the top right corner of the screen. This one has some links that will take to profile, notification options, account settings, and log out.
Locker is found on the My Home page. This one is where you are able to save important files for courses, which can be done by uploading or creating new ones. Feel free to access these files wherever you are as long as you have an internet connection. Keep in mind that the space is limited to a total of 20 MB.
- D2L Help
If you need more information on navigating your course, you can click D2L Help as it provides the links. There is the Student Documentation link that can be used when you need more information or you need help while you are in a course. There is also the D2L Support link that will take you to a page where you will be able to access the number of the customer support of Clarion University to get assistance for something. This customer support is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, meaning you are able to call them anytime you need. On top of that, it is also toll free so you have nothing to worry about getting charged. In addition to the toll free support number, there is also an online D2L help desk ticket that can be used for the issues that do not need quick answers.
- University Resources
University Resources has a few links that might be useful for you while you are completing your work in your course.
- Support and Announcements
There is a Support and an Announcement widget found in your My Home page. The exact location of it is on the right hand side of the page. This one contains several links that might be needed by you if you need something related to the certain parts of your course.
- Navigating your Course
When you see the courses in D2L, you are able to pin them and enter them. Navigating throughout the course can be done by using the Course Nav Bar. Through the thing known as the Nav Bar, everyone is able to access a few things, including Content, Assessments, Communication, Resources, D2L Help, and University Resources.