The existence of Help and Support in an institution is important. With it, students, faculty and staff can get help easily when they encounter a problem related to campus. So, where to contact Help and Support for D2L at The University of Arizona? Here, we will inform you about it.
Help and Support of D2L Arizona
For faculty who are needing support, they are able to contact the D2L support team by sending them an email at D2L@email.arizona.edu. Alternatively, they are able to call them at (520) 626-6804. It is available from Monday to Friday at 8 am to 5 pm.
For students who are experiencing issues, they are able to contact the 24/7 support center at (520) 626-TECH (8324) or through live chat 24/7 support help.
For instructors who want to incorporate D2L into their courses, they are able to contact the Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA) at (520) 621-7788 or through the OIA contact webform.
What To Do to Have D2L Access for Students
Do you have a problem accessing a course in D2L? If so, it is important for you to know that D2L is only available if the instructor for a course has requested a D2L course site. Why? As explained earlier, it is because instructors are not required to use D2L. So, as a student, you need to contact your instructors to check whether they use D2L for a particular class or not.
If your instructor is using D2L, but then you find that the class is not showing up in your D2L portal, here are the things that you have to note.
- First, you must make sure that you have been registered for 24 hours because it may be 24 hours before the class appears.
- You have to check the UAccess Student Center and then make sure that the course still shows up in your class list. If it does not show up, you are able to try to re-enroll in the course. You are able to contact the Registrar’s Office at (520) 621-3113 if you are paid in full but you do not see the course in your list.
- If you are paid in full for this semester’s or session’s tuition, you will be dropped from all courses from the Winter or Summer sessions if you have not paid before the tuition payment deadline. What about Fall and Spring Semesters? For these semesters, you will be rolled into a special program and keep your enrollments if you miss the deadline. If you are not notified with the deadline date, it is better for you to contact the Bursar’s Office at (520) 621-3232.
- If you are registered, paid in full, and it has been at least 48 hours since you registered for the course, but then you find that the course is still not listed in D2L, you have to contact the D2L support team at D2L@email.arizona.edu.
Technical Support for Clicker Issues
Do you have trouble with registering your clicker? If so, you are able to contact the 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-TECH (8324). Alternatively, you are able to go to https://it.arizona.edu/service/classroom-response-devices-clickers.
What if we have issues with our clicker that we bought at the University of Arizona Bookstore? Technical Support will be able to handle warranty replacements and limited returns for refund. If you want to get warranty response on clicker devices that you bought from UA Bookstore:
- You have to contact Turning Technologies Technical Support to troubleshoot before you return the device to the bookstore. You are able to contact them at https://www.turningtechnologies.com/support. Alternatively, you are able to contact them at their support number at 1 (866) 746-3015.
- If there is a guarantee that there will be a replacement, you will be issued a Device Exchange Form by Turning Technologies Technical Support which must be presented with the clicker device to the bookstore for getting replacement.
Minimum System Requirements for D2L Brightspace at The University of Arizona
Before you access D2L Brightspace, you have to make sure that your browsers and versions are supported by D2L Brightspace. Here is the list of browsers for D2L Brightspace.
|Browser||Supported Browser Version||Maintenance Browser Version|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||n/a||11|
|Mozilla Firefox||Latest, ESR||n/a|
There are a lot of people who report about internet browsers, not D2L. So, if you are facing technical problems, you have to consider your browser first. It is recommended for you to use Chrome or Firefox. It is because the most complaints from students come from Safari (Mac) users or Edge (PC) users. When you face a browser issue, another method that you can use for fixing it is to switch to a different browser. Whatever the browser that you use, when you face a problem, you can try to switch to a different browser first.
You can also try to open a new incognito window since that avoids the cache. If it can work, it means that the cache must be cleared. The last method to fix browser problems is to clear your cache.
Now, how about tablet and mobile support for D2L? You are able to check it from the table below.
|Device||Operating System(s)||Browser||Supported Browser Version(s)|
|Apple||iOS 6, 7, 8 and 9||Safari||Latest|
|Windows||Windows 10||Edge, Chrome, Firefox||Latest|
Getting Started with D2L Community
On the D2L Community site, you are able to access your course. If you open the D2L Community site, there will be your course on the Home Page. If you are not familiar with the spot in D2L, you are able to return to this home page by clicking the Home button.
Do you want to organize your home page? If you do this, it will permit you to be able to access current courses quickly. If there are multiple courses which appear on your Home Page, you are able to Pin some to make them appear at the top of the list.
- You can hover over the tile for your course and then click on the three dots.
- Then, you have to click on the Pin to guarantee that your course appears on the top rows of the home page.
- Now, you will see that this course appears on the top rows of your home page.