CSULB Okta is an online student portal for the students of CSULB (California State University Long Beach). CSULB Okta login provides a home base to access student information. After you have logged into your single sign-on portal by using your Campus ID and password, then you are able to click on the “myCSULB” button to launch your Student Center.
How to log into CSULB Okta?
To sign in to CSULB Okta portal:
- At the first step, you have to go to csulb.okta.com. This will bring you to the Campus Single Sign on page.
- After that, you are able to enter your CSULB Email Address.
- Then, simply enter your password.
- Now, you have to click on “Sign In” to access your student center.
- Please navigate the student center to see your personal info.
How to set your preferred first name in CSULB Okta?
Apparently, there are some restrictions on what can be accepted as a student’s Preferred Name. It cannot contain inappropriate language, cannot be a nickname, cannot be used for purposes of misrepresentation.
To change your preferred first name in CSULB Okta:
- In the Personal Information section, you have to choose the Names link.
- After that, choose the “Request Preferred Name Change” button.
- Then, you are able to enter your Requested Preferred First Name.
- The next step that you have to do is to choose the Submit button.
- Automatically, your requested preferred name will appear with a Name Type of Requested.
The processing time for preferred first name changes is about three business days. You are going to get a confirmation email after it has been approved and updated in the system. Also, your email address will be updated to match your preferred name within two business days after Enrollment Services approves your request.
How to accept or decline an admission offer?
You are able to follow the instructions below to accept or decline your CSULB admission offer in CSULB Okta.
- Firstly, choose the “Accept/Decline” link in the Admissions section of the Student Center, or choose the “Accept/Decline” link from the My Applications display box.
- Then, review your admission offer. Just click the Next button to proceed to accept or decline admission for the term of your application. If you do not want to make a decision at this time, just click the Exit button.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen to indicate your admission decision for the term of your application. Then, click the Accept button if you have decided to attend CSULB. If you have decided not to attend CSULB, click the Decline button.
- To continue accepting your admission and pay the non-refundable Enrollment Deposit on-line via a credit card, you are able to click the “Pay Online Now” button.
- Now, click the Confirm Accept button. If you do not want to make a decision at this time, just click the Exit button.
- Click the Make a Payment button when you want to proceed with paying the non-refundable $150.00 Enrollment Deposit. Then, click the Cancel Payment button if you do not want to proceed with the payment transaction.
- You are going to be redirected to the CSULB payment site to pay the non-refundable $150.00 Enrollment Deposit. Click the radio button and then click the Continue Checkout button.
- If you are paying by electronic check, ensure that your checking account information is readily available and submit it in the corresponding fields. Once you have finished entering your payment information, simply click the Continue Checkout button.
- If you are paying using credit card, ensure to have your credit card account information readily available and submit it in the corresponding fields. Once you have finished entering your payment information, just click the “Continue Checkout” button.
- Now, you need to confirm the information you entered is correct and also click the Submit Payment button. After the transaction is approved, you are going to see buttons for options to Email Another Receipt and View Printable Receipt.
- Please click the “Return to MyCSULB” button and then close the CSULB payment site window. And click the Next button.
- You are going to accept a message saying that you have successfully accepted your admission to the University and paid your non-refundable Enrollment Deposit.
How to enroll in early start classes in CSULB Okta?
- After you have confirmed your Early Start Selections and have been matriculated to the university, you are able to enroll in your Early Start courses.
- Please click ‘Enroll in Early Start’ at the bottom of the Early Start Program page on mycsulb.
- After that, you have to click on the “Search” button below the ‘Class Search’ option.
- Now, you need to choose the applicable Course Subject.
- Then, click on the “Select” button next to the class section which meets your date and time requirement. You are able to click on the section link for more detailed information on the class.
- After you have selected your class, the Enrollment Preferences page is going to display. Just click on the “Next” button to proceed.
- After the selected class has been added to your shopping cart, simply click on the “Proceed to Step 2 of 3” button.
- In this step, you need to confirm the classes you want to add and click the “Finish Enrolling” button.
- The system is going to display the status of each enrollment request. Ensure to review the error and messages.
- Also, confirm your Schedule by clicking on “My Class Schedule”.
- You are able to see your current schedule and status. Also, you are able to see the day and time, date , room, and instructor information for all your requested classes.
- If you do not qualify for the Early Start Fee Waiver, you are going to receive the message when trying to enroll in Early Start.
- To pay your fees, choose the Make a Payment link.