If you are a new student of California State University Long Beach, you need to know every important places around the university and one of them is the bookstore. You need to know where it is and the operation hours so that when you go there, you will not be disappointed because you come at out of the operation hour.
The Operation Hours of CSULB Bookstore
The CSULB bookstore or Forty-Niners Shops opens from Monday to Thursday at 8 am to 6 pm and on Friday, it opens at 8 am to 4 pm. On Saturday, it opens at 11 am to 3 pm. On Sunday, it is closed so you have to make sure that you do not come on Sunday.
Forty-Niner Shops manages the University Bookstore where it is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation which has been serving the CSULB campus community since 1953. Their mission is to enhance and support the process of education in California State University, Long Beach by providing goods and services to promote a learning community. Not only that, they also enhance and support the education in the university by training student employees with life and career skills and by funding scholarships, internships and other programs that promote student success.
The location of 49er Shops Bookstore is at 6049 E 7th St. Long Beach, CA 90840. If you need, you are able to contact them at 562-985-5093 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the list below, you are able to see the bookstore service and also where you can contact them.
- Book Information
- Copy Center
- Customer Service
- Day 1 Digital Access
- Faculty Textbook Support
- ID Card Services
- Textbook Rentals
- Web Orders
Selling Unwanted Textbooks for Cash in the Bookstore
In the bookstore, you are able to sell your unwanted textbook back for cash. They will pay up to 50% no matter where you purchased your books even if you bought them online. You can sell your books back in-person at the Customer Service counter inside the Bookstore and make sure that you come during store hours. When you sell your book, you need to bring your student ID. Also, you must make sure that you wear your face mask and apply social distancing guidelines.
If you are not able to sell your book in-person to the bookstore, you are able to do that online. To sell your book online, the first thing that you have to do is to access 49erShops.ValoreBooks.com. After that, when you are on that site, you have to search by ISBN and get instant quotes for selling online only. Then, you need to print the free UPS label to ship your books. Now, you are able to collect your cash through PayPal or check.
Talking about selling books, there are several things that you need to remember. First, make sure that you do not sell back your rental books because any rented books should be returned to the store or site you rented them from originally. Second, if you do not remember if you rented books from the CSULB Bookstore, you are able to send them an email at FNS-Rentals@csulb.edu and they will check it for you. If you need more information about returning books that you rented from the CSULB Bookstore, you are able to visit RentalReturns.ShopTheBeach.com
Buying and Renting Textbooks
If you want to buy, rent or compare books, you are able to access BeachBookCompare.com. There, you have to choose your classes and then choose your textbooks, compare prices with the online marketplace, add to cart whether from the Bookstore or the marketplace and then you have to check out.
If you want to load textbooks from MyCSULB, you have to pre-load your textbooks on BeachBookCompare.com and you have to do that by clicking the My Textbook link which can be found from your MyCSULB Student Center Portal.
When you rent a book, you will have to provide a CSULB student ID and also a credit card that does not expire before the rental due date. You will also need to agree to their rental agreement whether you rent in-store or through a web order.
Things That You Can Buy in the CSULB Bookstore
There are a lot of things that you are able to buy in the CSULB Bookstore as you are able to see from the list below.
- You are able to buy art supplies such as cutting tools, ceramic tools, drawing pencils, drawing accessories, drawing pens, paint, modeling clay, drawing inks and many more.
- You are able to buy gifts such as athletic gifts, burts bees, care packages, family gifts, gift cards, logo jewelry, snacks, logo plush, and many more.
- You are able to buy safety needs such as mask and masks that you can find are Alumni CSULB Face Mask Black League, Beach LB Face Mask Blk, Beach LB Side Face Mask Black League and many more.
- You are able to buy care packages such as Beach Day Package, Beach Fan Package, Brown and Gold Alumni Package, Campus Squirrel Package, Colorful School Essentials Package, and many more.
- You are able to buy School Essentials such as Composition Notebooks, Pencil/ Pen Pouches, Lab Supplies, Campus Water Delivery, Yoga items, Japanese and Korean Stationery, Calendars and Planners, Journals, Dry Erase Supplies, Spiral Notebooks, Ring Binders, Folders and Filing, Highlighters and Markers, Tapes and Adhesives, Test Essentials, Photo Supplies, Paper, Pads, Envelopes, and many more.
- You are able to buy technology such as Apple Watch, iPad, MSI Laptops, Audio, Electronic Accessories, Backpack and Cases, Apple Accessories, Data Storage, Mice and Keyboards, Printers and Supplies, Phone and Audio Accessories and many more.
- You are able to buy graduation items such as Diploma Frames, Cap and Gown, Class Rings, Custom Memorabilia, Grad Portraits, Grad Gifts and many more.
- You are able to buy clothing such as Lbc Basketball Replica Jersey Gold, LB Basketball Cap Black, Dad LB Seal Dad Tee Black, Juniors CSULB Crop Oxford Hood and many more.