Do you want to apply for a Chevening Scholarship? If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, you need to know how to login and how to apply for it. Here, you will find the information about it.
The Steps to Make Chevening Application
According to the Chevening FCDO Youtube channel, here are the steps to apply for a Chevening Award.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access the official website of Chevening.
- On that site, you have to click on the Apply button.
- After that, you will see that on the page there are all the countries where Chevening operates. The thing that you have to do now is to choose your country by clicking on the drop down menu and then choose the award that you want to apply for such as Scholarship and then click on the Search button.
- Then, you will be taken to a page where you are able to find all the relevant information about applying and you have to read it carefully. Then, click on the Apply button.
- After you click on the Apply button, then you will be taken to the online application system.
- Here, you have to register. It is important for you to know that you have to register even if you applied last year. Now, you have to click on the Register Here button.
- Here, you have to fill in your contact information.
- After filling your contact information, you have to confirm your details by ticking the box.
- After that, the Submit button must be hit.
- Then, an email with a link will be received by you. And you have to click on the link to navigate back to the online application system. You have to check your junk mail if it does not appear in your inbox.
- After you click on the link in your email, then you have to register your password. When you create a password, it is important for you to note that the password must conform to the requirements of Chevening. Then, you have to click on the Submit.
- Now, you will be taken to another page where you have to enter your contact details.
- You will have to enter your date of birth twice.
- It is also important for you to note that you have to ensure that you have answered all the mandatory sections.
- After you have done it, then you have to click on the Save button and then Validate Profile button.
- Now, you have completed your profile and then you have to click on the Click Here link to view your home page.
- In this step, you have to click on the Available Open Awards so that you are able to see the awards that are available to you.
- You have to click on Info if you want to find out more about the award.
- Then, you are able to click on the Apply button for the award.
- After that, you are required to complete the eligibility questionnaire. Here, you have to answer the questions and then hit the Submit button.
- After that, you have to complete the pre-screen quiz.
- After you have answered the questions, then you have to click on the Submit Pre-screen button.
- And now, you are ready to complete the application form for a Chevening Award.
- You have to make sure that you complete every section. It is important to note that there are five tabs to the application form.
- In the fifth tab, you have to upload all the relevant documents.
- Do you want to save your application form and then return to it at a later point? You are able to do that by clicking on the Save Draft button.
- If you have finished your application form, you have to click on the Submit to Chevening button.
The Steps to Log In to Chevening
If you want to login, you have to follow the steps below.
- You have to access this https://chevening.smartsimpleuk.com/s_Login.jsp.
- Then, you have to enter your email and password.
- And then, you have to hit the Login button.
The Eligibility to Apply For a Chevening Scholarship
According to the Chevening website, to be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you have to be as mentioned in the list below.
- You have to be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- You have to go back to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- All components of an undergraduate degree have been completed where those will permit you to get entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. Usually, it is equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK. However, it may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- At least, you must have two years of work experience.
- You must apply to three different eligible UK university courses. Besides, you must have got an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
According to that site, you are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, if you are as listed below.
- You have British or dual British citizenship.
- You have refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country.
- You are an employee, a former employee or relative of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been in the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications, the British Council, a sponsoring UK university or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- It is important to note that if you are a former employee, relatives of an employee or employee of Chevening Partner organisations, you are able to apply. However, let’s say that the employment took place in the last two years. If so, you are not able to get a Chevening Partner Award from the organization from which you work, previously worked or are affiliated with through relatives.
- You have studied in the UK previously where the funding was from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Well, before you apply, you have to make sure that you are eligible for this scholarship.