You may be looking for the CFA Quantitative Methods PDF because you want to take the CFA exam. Well, Quantitative Methods is one of the materials that you have to learn for facing the CFA exam. However, where can we get CFA Quantitative Methods PDF? You are able to read below where you can get it.
One of the things that I found when I searched about CFA Quantitative Methods PDF is Schweser Notes CFA 2013 Level 1 Book 1. It can be accessed at here. You are able to download it since it is in a PDF format and here you can learn about Ethics and Professional Standards, Quantitative Methods: Basic Concepts, and Quantitative Methods: Application. It is also completed with self-tests.
Besides, I also found Quantitative Methods – I from EduPristine and it can be accessed at: http://downloads.edupristine.com.s3.amazonaws.com/CFA_Level_I/Quantitative_Methods_I.pdf.
Not only that, I also found the PDF about Quantitative Methods (1) where the content is about what you should be able to after you learn about Quantitative Methods and it can be accessed at https://www.cfainstitute.org/-/media/documents/study-session/2022-l2-studysessions-combined.pdf. And here is some content of this.
- Reading 1
Introduction to Linear Regression by Pamela Peterson Drake, PhD, CFA
- Reading 2
Multiple Regression by Richard A. DeFusco, PhD, CFA, Dennis W. McLeavey, DBA, CFA, Jerald E. Pinto, PhD, CFA, and David E. Runkle, PhD, CFA
- Reading 3
Time-Series Analysis by Richard A. DeFusco, PhD, CFA, Dennis W. McLeavey, DBA, CFA, Jerald E. Pinto, PhD, CFA, and David E. Runkle, PhD, CFA
Reading 1. Introduction To Linear Regression
The candidate should be able to:
- describe a simple linear regression model and the roles of the dependent and independent variables in the model;
- describe the least squares criterion, how it is used to estimate regression coefficients, and their interpretation;
- explain the assumptions underlying the simple linear regression model, and describe how residuals and residual plots indicate if these assumptions may have been violated;
- calculate and interpret the coefficient of determination and the F-statistic in a simple linear regression;
- describe the use of analysis of variance (ANOVA) in regression analysis, interpret ANOVA results, and calculate and interpret the standard error of estimate in a simple linear regression;
- formulate a null and an alternative hypothesis about a population value of a regression coefficient, and determine whether the null hypothesis is rejected at a given level of significance;
- calculate and interpret the predicted value for the dependent variable, and a prediction interval for it, given an estimated linear regression model and a value for the independent variable;
- describe different functional forms of simple linear regressions.
If you want to know more about what you should be able to in this topic, you are able to access the PDF directly.
CFA Level 1 Quantitative Methods Cheat Sheet
If you need a CFA Level 1 Quantitative Methods cheat sheet, you are able to access the 300Hours site at here. And here are some contents on that site.
CFA Level 1 Quantitative Methods: An Overview
For CFA Level 1, Quantitative Methods is a key foundational topic that forms a basis for Level 2 and Level 3 learnings. Here is the summary of CFA Quantitative Methods’ reading in Level 1:
- Reading Number: 1
Sub topic: The Time Value of Money
Description: It discusses about the valuation of assets and securities at different points in time.
- Reading Number: 2
Sub-topic: Organizing, Visualizing, and Describing Data
Description: Here, you will learn various ways of visualising data, measuring central tendencies, and dispersion.
- Reading Number: 3
Sub-topic: Probability Concepts
Description: Probabilities are used to predict outcomes when faced with uncertainty.
- Reading Number: 4
Sub-topic: Common Probability Distributions
Description: This is a discussion of normal and non-normal distributions.
- Reading Number: 5
Sub-topic: Sampling and Estimation
Description: A sample is used to estimate characteristics of a population.
- Reading Number: 6
Description: It determines the level of confidence you are able to have in your conclusions.
- Reading Number: 7
Sub-topic: Introduction to Linear Regression
Description: In this section, you have to understand the simple linear regression model and its assumptions so that you are able to understand the relationship between 2 variables and learn how to make predictions.
If you want to see more content of the cheat sheet, you are able to access the 300Hours site where the address has been shared above.
CFA stands for Chartered Financial Analyst and according to the CFA Institute, it is a designation given to those who have completed the CFA Program and completed acceptable work experience requirements. This program has three parts of exams where they test the fundamentals of investment tools, portfolio management, valuing assets, and wealth planning. Usually, this program is completed by people who have a background in accounting, finance, economics, or business.
Here are some reasons why people take CFA certification according to the Schweser site.
- By having a CFA certification, you will have better job prospects. Even though a CFA charter is not the golden ticket to landing your dream job, but you will be given a deep knowledge in the areas of investment analysis, asset management, and ethics. According to the CFA Institute, the top ten employers of CFA are JP Morgan Chase, PricewaterhouseCoopers, HSBC, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, UBS, Ernst & Young, RBC, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, and Wells Fargo.
- It is affordable to take CFA certification. If you decide to take an MBA, it can cost over $100,000. Meanwhile, if you take the CFA charter, it only costs around $3,050 and $12,000 depending on what study materials you buy, when you register, and the number of exams you end up taking.
- If you have a CFA certification, you can get career advancement opportunities. It is because by completing it, you will be a CFA Institute member which is a global network of over 135,000 investment professionals.
- The CFA certification is recognized globally. So, you will be able to get unmatched career resources and relationships and also access to jobs around the world that need a CFA certification.
- By having a CFA certification, you will be able to get analytical skills and expertise in financial reporting, economics, quantitative methods, and portfolio management.