For those who are considering becoming a CFA Institute member, you should pay attention to the work experience. In order to write a qualifying work description, you have to explain your job duties and the way they relate to investment decision-making.
Writing the CFA application work experience can be hard, especially for the beginners. If you have a hard time, you may want to check out some examples below:
- Example 1 (Corporate Finance)
“I prepare financial models based on publicly available data to derive valuation metrics. Then evaluated investment opportunities by analyzing cash flow, NPV, and IRR of each potential target company. The result of this work is used to provide recommendations to the investment committee.”
- Example 2 (Actuary)
“I perform an annual actuarial valuation process of the funded status of a define benefit (DB) pension scheme. This involves performing statistical analysis and long term projections of interest rate, inflation and demographic data, among other things. This analysis shows whether the DB scheme is in surplus or deficit, and what the characteristics of the pension liabilities are, which directly impacts the investment strategy of the pension assets.”
- Example 3 (Accounting)
“I manage a team that prepares financial statements as well as evaluates the potential return on investment on corporate projects. Our analysis includes cash flow and income projections, capital outlay, net present value and payback period. This analysis forms the basis of our recommendation to senior management on whether to invest in selected property, plant, and equipment fixed assets.”
If the examples of the CFA application work experience above are not enough, you can check out some more below:
- I have gained a lot of work experience in the field of customer service and administration. I have worked in various customer service roles including call centre operator, sales assistant and office administrator. I have also gained experience in managing customer accounts and dealing with customer enquiries and complaints. I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills which I have developed through my work experience. I am able to work well under pressure and to deadlines. I am also able to work independently and as part of a team. I am proactive and always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- I have gained a lot of work experience through my years of working as a certified financial analyst. I have worked in various industries and have gained a wealth of knowledge in financial analysis and modeling. I have also worked in different countries, which has given me a global perspective on financial markets. I have been able to work with a variety of clients, from small businesses to large corporations. I have also worked with different types of financial data, from balance sheets to income statements. I have gained a lot of experience in Excel and have also created financial models in other software programs. I have also written research reports on various topics in finance.
- I have gained a lot of work experience through my years of working as a certified financial analyst. I have worked in many different industries and have gained a vast amount of knowledge in the field of finance. I have worked in both small and large businesses, and have gained a lot of experience in analyzing financial data and making sound investment decisions. I have also worked in the public sector, and have gained a lot of experience in financial analysis and management. I have a strong background in accounting and financial analysis, and have a keen eye for detail. I am also very good at communicating my findings to others, and have a strong ability to work in a team.
- I have worked as a CFA for over 10 years in a variety of settings. This has included working in small and large firms, as well as in both the public and private sectors. I have gained a wealth of experience in financial analysis, investment research and portfolio management. I have also developed strong skills in Excel, VBA and financial odeling. I am a highly motivated individual who is able to work independently and as part of a team. I am also able to manage my time effectively and meet deadlines.
- I have worked as a CFA for over 10 years in a variety of settings. I have experience working with clients of all ages, from young children to older adults. I have also worked with clients with a variety of mental health diagnoses, including anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. In addition to my work as a CFA, I have also served as a supervisor for other CFAs, providing guidance and support as they work with their own clients.
- I have gained a lot of work experience in the field of finance and accounting. I have worked in various accounting firms and have gained a lot of experience in financial accounting and auditing. I have also worked in the corporate sector and have gained experience in financial analysis and reporting. I have also worked in the banking sector and have gained experience in credit analysis and risk management. I have also worked in the insurance sector and have gained experience in actuarial science and risk management.
- From my experience, a typical day as a CFA can be very demanding and challenging. As a CFA, you will be responsible for providing analysis and support to clients in the areas of finance and accounting. This can include working on financial statements, preparing reports, and providing advice on financial planning and investment strategies. You will also be expected to keep abreast of developments in the financial markets and be able to provide timely and accurate information to clients. In addition to your analytical and support responsibilities, you will also be expected to build and maintain strong relationships with clients. This can be a demanding and challenging role, but it can also be very rewarding.
When you are in the process of working for your work experience to the CFA Institute, you are suggested to keep in mind a few things below:
- Job titles alone are not enough
- Make sure to only include the positions that qualify
- Just write it like a cover letter
- It is a must for you to be helping those who decide how to invest
- Both teaching and supervising also counts
- As of now, part-time positions are eligible
- Remember that managing your own investments does not qualify