Penn Foster High School is nationally accredited through the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and Cognia. And regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. By the way, can you get a job with a Penn Foster High School Diploma? To know that information, you will need to read the following text.
Can I Obtain a Job with Penn Foster High School Diploma?
Of course, you are able to obtain a job with Penn Foster High School Diploma. Based on the research, graduates of Penn Foster’s High School Diploma program have been able to start their new careers, advance in their current jobs, pursue college degrees or join the military, all while learning at the speed which works best for them.
Acceptance of a high school diploma may vary based on the college or university, employer, or military branch. No form of accreditation which can guarantee that any learning institution or employer will accept the high school diploma. Thus, we recommend you to check with colleges and universities, or you are interested in attending to verify they accept the Penn Foster High School diploma before enrolling in their program.
As we said before, with Penn Foster High School Diploma, you are able to join the military. Graduates from Penn Foster High School who are interested to join the military will receive Tier I enlistment priority provided they score 50 or higher on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT). The students should always check with their military recruiter for additional requirements for programs within the Armed Services.
Online Education at Penn Foster
Firstly, you are able to choose the program that interests you. When you are ready to enroll in a program, then you are able to complete the online student application form, or call them toll free to speak with an Admissions Specialist. Also, you are able to request to receive program information by mail which will include an enrollment form.
2. Student ID #
After your enrollment form is processed, then you are going to receive your Student ID #. You are going to receive your Student ID # immediately if you enroll online or by phone. You are going to use your Student ID # to access your initial study materials online. If you enroll by mail, then your # will be emailed to you as soon as your enrollment is processed.
3. Beginning Your Studies
Please log in to their student website to begin taking your Penn Foster online courses immediately where you are able to use your Student ID # to register as a new student. After registering, you will be able to download some of your first study materials. Additional learning materials are going to be shipped directly to you.
4. Getting Help
Penn Foster online classes are specially designed so that you are able to study independently. But, if you have a question about anything in your program, you are able to call their toll free instructional support hotline. For your information, faculty are available to answer your questions from 8am-7pm EST (Monday through Friday). On weekends or holidays, you are able to leave a message. They are going to answer your call on the next business day. If you prefer, you are able to contact your instructors by email or via regular mail.
5. Taking Exams
At the end of each lesson, you are going to take an exam through their website. As soon as you pass your exam, you are able to continue on to the next lesson. New course material will follow when you complete your exams, so that you are always going to have what you need to continue moving forward in your program.
After you have passed all your online courses, you are going to receive your diploma, certificate, or degree from Penn Foster. Depending upon the program you select, you are able to complete your training in several months or take up to two years to complete a program, depending on the program. Students enrolled in their High School diploma program can take up to three years to complete the program.
Continuing your Education after High School
Penn Foster High School is a nationally and regionally accredited institution. Lots of Penn Foster graduates continue their studies toward a post-secondary career diploma or degree. After you graduate from Penn Foster High School, you are able to continue your education to the college or university.
Here are the post-secondary institutions where Penn Foster High School graduates have enrolled:
- Aiken Technical College, SC
- Allied Medical School, CA
- American Intercontinental University, TX
- Art Institute
- Art Institute of Michigan, MI
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, NC
- Ashford University, IA
- Atlanta Metropolitan College, GA
- Barton College, NC
- Bay Mills Community College, MI
- Brevard College, FL
- Brown Mackie College, IN
- Bryant University, RI
- Bucks County Community College, PA
- CalCoast University, CA
- Caldwell Community College, NC
- Capri College, IA
- Cedar Valley College, TX
- Central Michigan University, MI
- Cincinnati State College, OH
- Cisco Junior College, TX
- Clackamas Community College, OR
- Clark College, WA
- Chandler Gilbert Community College, AZ
- Grand Canyon University, AZ
- Grayson Community College, TX
- College of the Albemarle, NC
- Concorde Career College, CA
- Colorado Mountain College, CO
- (CUNY) Queensborough Community College, NY
- Cypress College, CA
- Daytona Beach Community College, FL
- Delaware Tech Community College
- DeVry University
- Dona Ana Branch Community College, NM
- Durham Tech Community College, NC
- El Paso Community College, TX
- Elizabeth City University, NC
- EMS Training Center of South Nevada, NV
- Everest College, CA
- Everest University, FL
- Evergreen State College, WA
- Faulkner State College, AL
- Fayetteville Technical Community College, NC
- Ferris State University, MI
- Flathead Valley Community College, MT
- Front Range Community College, CO
- Garden City Community College, KS
- George Stone Technical College, FL
- Georgia Perimeter College, GA
- Glendale Community College, CA
- Golden West Community College, CA
- Grantham University, KS
- Great Basin College, NV
- Guidance Helicopters
- Gulf Coast Community College, FL