If you are going to have an interview with Bank of America or if you are going to apply for a position at Bank of America, you can check out the following Bank of America interview questions and answers so that you can get the position that you are always dreaming of.
- Question: Tell us about yourself!
Hint: The main focus should be on your personality, experience, education and professional interests. Actually, it does not matter if you want to show an outgoing and honest personality as it is suitable for many banking jobs. You can mention one or two things that are on your mind while you are not working.
- I am twenty one years old, like to spend time with all kinds of people and socialize. I am keen to learn more about banking industry and finance in general. I graduated from the Michigan High School just recently. In my free time, I like to play sports, learn something new, and spend time with my friends.
- Hi, my name is Samantha. I am from Utah. I graduated from Cambridge University. Currently I am looking for a job where I can utilize my communication skills and knowledge from my studies. I believe that teller position would be a great start for my career. In my free time I like to read books and walk in the nature.
- Question: Why do you want to work at Bank of America?
Hint: The main focus should be on personal preferences for Bank of America, their vision, culture, working environment, portfolio, and so on. It is important for you to focus on something that makes them different from the other competitors, a kind of thing that makes the interviewers proud.
Most interviewers, if not all, are aware that almost every candidate would be glad to get hired at any bank and not limited to Back of America. However, as a candidate, it is better for you to convince them that Back of America is your first option. Please do some research for this.
- I believe that I would fit here, at least considering from what I have observed as a client of this bank. That’s why I prefer to work at Bank of America. Though I submitted my job applications also to other banks, you will always be my first choice.
- I really like Bank of America. I, as well as other members of my family belong to the millions of satisfied clients of your bank. I believe this bank offers the widest portfolio of products, services and solutions for their clients. That’s why I would love to work here and would be proud of that.
- Question: What can you tell us about Bank of America?
The good things should be your main focus. Try your best to give them a compliment. If you want, you can speak numbers and facts. Please avoid talking about the history of the bank or something similar.
- Bank of America is the most popular and biggest bank in the US, in terms of assets. It is widely recognized for its leading online banking services, top notch customer service and friendly tellers. I hope to become one of these tellers.
- Bank of America is well known with its friendly working culture, good possibilities for career growth and fair system of employee benefits. It’s also my dream place of work. Of course, I read a lot about goals, values and history of your institution, but I believe it’s not something you want to talk about right now.
- Question: what do you think you can be (name of the position you apply for)?
Those who have a similar working experience should focus more on it. If not, you are able to mention the strengths and skills that are relevant for the job. If this is your first job application, please try your best to convince them that you have the right attitude and motivation. Not only that, you should also convince them that you would do anything to be a great analyst or banker or mortgage consultant with them.
Since the Bank of America provides a great training for all new employees, those with lack of previous experience should not be worried. All that you have to do is to show motivation and right attitude.
- I meet the requirements for this role better than for any other you advertise. On the top of that, I had the same job in the past, so I have the experience and I believe I can bring some value to your branch on this position, and that also other employees can learn something from me.
- While I have no previous experience with a job in a bank, I am eager to learn, and I am motivated to work hard. I have read wonderful things about your training program, and I am not worried I could not become a great teller. The personality is there, as well as the motivation. I just need some training to see how exactly to do the job in a most effective way.
- Question: Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
The interviewers want to hire the candidates who want to stay for long and grow professionally in the bank. Usually, they have a career plan for about every entry level job, going all the way up to managerial roles. Keep in mind that your answer should correspond with every possibility they offer to the candidates.
- I would like to have a managerial position in a bank in five years time. Ideal scenario would be to start working here as a teller, improve my skills and knowledge over time, do a good job, and end up working as a assistant manager in five years time. Let’s see if we can make it happen.
- I would like to have a senior financial analyst position in five years time. I know I need to learn a lot, and gain experience, but I am ready to commit my time and best effort to this dream. The entry level position in wealth management I am applying for sounds like a perfect foundation stone on my way to the job of a senior financial analyst.