When you are taking a Nursing program, you will learn about Maternal Newborn. This material focuses on how important good maternal health care and nutrition contribute to child survival. Maternal health actually refers to the health of women during pregnancy, the post-partum period and childbirth.
After learning Maternal Newborn, you may be required to take the ATI Exam related to Maternal Newborn. Since it is a supervised test, you definitely need to answer all the questions correctly. No worries! If you are accidentally looking for the ATI Maternal Newborn Proctored exam, you can find those answers in our post below. Let’s check it out!
ATI Maternal Newborn Proctored Exam Answers
We finally found ATI Maternal Newborn Proctored exam answers from docmerit.com. This site provides the preview of ATI Maternal Newborn Proctored exam answers. To see a full of ATI Maternal Newborn Proctored exam answers, you may need to purchase exam details that costs $35.45.
Here’s a list of ATI Maternal Newborn Proctored exam answers!
- A nurse is planning discharge for a client who is 3 days postpartum. Which of the following non pharmacological interventions should the nurse include in the plan of care for lactation suppression?
a. Place warm, moist packs on the breast
b. Apply cabbage leaves to the breast
c. Wear a loose-fitting bra
d. Put green tea bags on the breasts.
Answer: b. Apply cabbage leaves to the breast
- A nurse is performing a physical assessment of a newborn. Which of the following clinical findings should the nurse expect? (Select all that apply)
Heart Rate 154/ min
Axillary temperature 96.8 F
Respiratory rate 58/min
Length 43 cm (16.9in)
Weight 5lb 12 oz – Heart rate
- A nurse is caring for a client and her partner who have experienced a fetal death. Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
a. Take photos of the newborn to give to the parents.
b. Tell the parents that they can consider organ donations.
c. Encourage the parents to avoid allowing older children to visit them in the hospital.
d. Explain to the parents the need to name the newborn.
Answer: a. Take photos of the newborn to give to the parents
- A nurse is caring for a client who is 36 weeks of gestation and has a prescription for an amniocentesis. For which of the following reasons should the nurse prepare the client for an ultrasound?
a. To estimate fetal weight
b. To locate a pocket of fluid
c. To determine multiparity
d. To pre-screen for fetal anomalies
Answer: b. To locate a pocket of fluid
- A nurse in the antepartum clinic is assessing a client’s adaptation to pregnancy. The client states that she is ‘Happy one min and crying the next’. The nurse must interpret the client’s statement as an indication of which of the following?
a. Emotional lability
b. Focusing phase
c. Cognitive restructuring
d. Couvade syndrome
Answer: a. Emotional lability
- A nurse is teaching a newly licensed nurse about collecting a specimen for the universal newborn screening. Which of the following statements should the nurse include in the teaching?
a. Obtain an informed consent prior to obtaining the specimen
b. Collect at least milliliter of the urine for the test
c. Ensure that the newborn has been receiving feedings for 24 hours prior to obtaining the specimen.
d. Premature newborns may have false negative tests due to immature development of liver enzymes.
Answer: c. Ensure that the newborn has been receiving feedings for 24 hours prior to obtaining the specimen.
- A nurse is assessing a newborn 12 hour after birth. Which of the following manifestations should the nurse report to the provider?
b. Transient strabismus
d. Caput succedaneum
- A nurse is assessing the newborn of a client who took a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) during pregnancy. Which of the following manifestations should the nurse identify as an indication of withdrawal from an SSRI?
a. Large for gestational age
Answer: d. Vomiting
- A nurse is assessing a newborn following a circumcision. Which of the following should the nurse identify as an indication that the newborn is experiencing pain?
a. Decreased heart rate
b. Chin quivering
c. Pinpoint pupils
d. Slowed respirations
Answer: b. Chin quivering
- A nurse is demonstrating to a client how to bathe her newborn. In which order should the nurse perform the following actions? (Use all the steps and list them in order)
a. Clean the newborn’s diaper area
b. Wash the newborn’s neck by lifting the newborn’s chin
c. Wipe the newborn’s eyes from the inner canthus outward
d. Cleanse the skin around the newborn’s umbilical cord stump
e. Wash the newborn’s legs and feet.
Answer: Here’s step-by-step: C, B, D, E, A
- A nurse is assessing a client who is at 30 wks gestation during a routine prenatal visit. Which of the following findings should the nurse report to the provider?
a. Swelling of the face
b. Varicose veins in the calves
c. Nonpitting 1+ ankle edema
Answer: Swelling of the face
- A nurse is caring for a client who is in active labor and has had no cervical change in the last 4 hr. Which of the following statements should the nurse take?
a. Let me help you into a comfortable pushing position so you can begin bearing down
b. I am going to call the doctor to get a prescription for medication to ripen your cervix
c. I will give you some IV pain medicine to strengthen your contractions
d. Your provider will insert an intrauterine pressure catheter to monitor the strength of your contractions
Answer: d. Your provider will insert an intrauterine pressure catheter to monitor the strength of your contractions
- A nurse in a prenatal clinic who reports that her menstrual period is 2 wks late. The client appears anxious and asks the nurse if she is pregnant. Which of the following responses should the nurse make?
a. You can miss your period for several other reasons, describe your typical menstrual cycle
b. If you have been sexually active and haven’t used protection, it is likely that you are pregnant.
c. Let’s check to see if you have any other signs of pregnancy, have you noticed any abdominal enlargement yet?
d. Because you have missed your period, you should try taking a home pregnancy test before you start worrying.
Answer: You can miss your for several other reasons, describe your typical menstrual cycle
If you want to see the full answers of ATI Maternal Newborn Proctored exam, you can make a purchase through docmerit.com.