Are you looking for information about Army AKO Offline? If so, you are at the right page, here we are going to talk about Army AKO Offline. Also, in this page, we are going to talk about Army Knowledge Online. Make sure you read this entire article to get all the information here.
About Army Knowledge Offline (AKOffline)
You will be able to visit the Army Knowledge Offline site for any Army link found on Army Knowledge Online (AKO). While most links on Army Knowledge Offline site link to Official United States Army/Military/Government sites, it is not supported or maintained by the United States Army. Most official Army and United States Government sites are hosted on “.mil” and “.gov” domains. For your information, SGT Roman Antonacci only develops, maintains, and runs Army Knowledge Offline (AKOffline). This site is much a work in progress because there are lots of army websites, and will likely change within the coming future as a result. For further information, or if you want to ask any question about Army Knowledge Offline (AKOffline), do not hesitate to email them.
Army Knowledge Offline – Site Updates
September 03, 2021
- It modified the categorization in AKO Cards that have changed. Now, they are alphabetized
It added the links for the below sites:
- Army Disaster Personnel Accountability and Assessment System (ADPAAS)
- Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program
- Automated Personal Clothing Request
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Electronic Financial Liability Investigations of Property Loss
- Federal Voting Assistance Program
- Global Combat Support System
- Global Electronic Approval Routing System (Purple)
- Global Electronic Approval Routing System 5 (Yellow)
- Global Electronic Approval Routing System V (Red)
- Joint Risk Assessment Tool
- Joint Service Transcript (JST)
- MHS Genesis
- NCO Worldwide
- The text Shadow CSS, which added a white shadow around dropdown options. This was a residual from when the site first went up that was left in.
August 12, 2021
- It added about AKOffline page
- It added mouse over effects in preparation for several changes on AKO Cards.
- It added descriptions and edited the layout under links listed
- It modified rearranged quick link AKO Cards
August 06, 2021
- It added about AKOffline page in the background
- It removed the links which open the new tabs instead of over the AK-Offline tab. This was causing some problems on several links making them load as blank tabs if they loaded when not active.
About Army Knowledge Online (AKO)
Talking about Army Knowledge Offline (AKOffline), now you also need to learn a lot of information regarding Army Knowledge Online (AKO). For those who do not know about Army Knowledge Online (AKO), now you are able to know that Army Knowledge Online (AKO) gives the web-based enterprise information services to the United States Army and Department of Defense customers. The Enterprise information services are given to all customers on classified and unclassified networks. Also, include the portal, directory, e-mail, discovery, and single sign-on functionality. All parts of the Active Duty, Army civilian, National Guard, and contractor workforce have an account that will give access to Army web assets, tools and services worldwide. All users will be able to build the pages, make file storage areas, and participate in discussion on the portal.
History of Army Knowledge Online (AKO)
Based on the research, Army Knowledge Online (AKO) was found in 1990 as an experimental outgrowth of a project of the General Office Management Office. This project presided over America’s Army Online (A2OL). However, legal issues over this name and the parallelism to other commercial vendors caused the Army Project team to look for a new good name. The Project Officers for Army Knowledge Online (AKO) were finally commanded to develop, observe, and expand the portal to benefit Army Users in the world. This project has run through lots of incarnations, however the fundamentals of the system still apply.
Login to Army Knowledge Online (AKO)
If you want to login to AKO, first you have to make an AKO account with username and password. If you are authorized, you are going to be provided this information by the US military. Keep in mind that to login AKO, you need to have CAC (Common Access Card) and a personal identification number (PIN). Aside from that, the users who login AKO have to answer three of fifteen personal questions that further validate the users. It means that if you do not have a Common Access Card, then you will not have an ability to log in to AKO (Army Knowledge Online).
Here is step by step to login to AKO by using CAC:
- Firstly, go to https://www.us.army.mil/
- After that, you have to click ‘I Accept’ button
- Then, you are able to click the ‘CAC/PIV Login’ button.
- Now, you have to choose your ID certificate.
- The next step that you have to do is to click ‘OK’.
- Now, submit your CAC PIN. AKO will not need that information, if you have logged into your computer using your CAC and PIN, as it will be saved by your CAC authentication software.
- The system is going to validate your ID certificate and then log you into the AKO portal.
After you have a Common Access Card which you can use to login to AKO, then you are able to set your account to be CAC only login. It is to prevent anyone from logging into your AKO account without your Common Access Card. Also, it will eliminate the need to renew your password regularly.
Here is a way to set your account for CAC Only login:
- At the first step, you have to log in to your AKO account by using your CAC.
- After that, open the My Account menu.
- Then, click the Change Password menu option.
- Now, you are able to select the Set CAC Only Login.
- Please click the Enable CAC Only Login button.