Knowing how to access a student portal for a student is important. It is because everything related to their study can be accessed there. If you are a student of Aledo Independent School District (ISD), you have to know how to access the student portal that you can get here.
The Steps to Access Student Portal
How to access the student portal of Aledo ISD? Here are the steps that you are able to follow.
- The first thing that you have to do to access Aledo ISD student portal is to access the official website of Aledo ISD which can be accessed at www.aledoisd.org.
- On the website, you have to click on the Parents & Students menu at the top.
- Then, you will be brought to the Parents & Students page. Here, you have to scroll down the page and find Ascender Student Portal.
- After you find the Ascender Student Portal, click on it.
- You will be taken to a student portal page to login and here you have to enter your username and password and after that hit the Login button.
The Steps to Set Up An Account
Now, how to set up an account? If you have not set up an account, you have to do it first. To set up an account in the student portal of Aledo ISD, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access the official website of Aledo ISD.
- Then, you have to click on the Parents & Students menu at the top of the page.
- After that, click on the Student Portal link.
- Now, you must click on Create Account.
- And here, you have to enter your student ID number, date of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
About Aledo ISD
Aledo Independent School District (ISD) is a K-12 public school district where the location is in Parker and Tarrant Counties. It is a fast-growth district and one of the top-rated public school districts in Texas. It has more than 6,400 students and 700 employees.
In this district, there are five elementary schools together with an intermediate, middle, 9th-grade campus, high school and learning center. Walsh Elementary is the newest campus in the district and it opened at the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year.
Aledo ISD has a number of notable programs for students and those include Career and Technical Education (CTE), UIL band, college scholarship program, robotics club, successful organizations including National Honor Society, student council, Future Farmers of America, National Art Honor Society, Thespian Society and Junior World Affairs Council.
Aledo ISD has ten campuses and it consists of five elementary campuses through grade 5, one intermediate campus grade 6, one middle school grades 7-8, one 9th grade campus, one high school grades 10-12 and one alternative campus.
It has three Title I campuses and those include Walsh Elementary, Coder Elementary, and McCall Elementary. In the school year of 2019 – 2020, their student enrollment was 6,437.
How about the student population for the 2019-2020 school? It is ethnically represented as listed below.
- African American – 1.46%
- Hispanic – 15.52%
- Caucasian – 77.92%
- Native American – 40%
- Asian – 70%
- Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander – 0.05%
- Two or more ethnicities – 3.95%
According to the explanation in the website of Aledo ISD, in the school year of 2019 – 2020, 13.73% of the student population is Economically Disadvantaged, 2.67% is Limited English Proficient (LEP), 22.18% is At-Risk, 8.87% is Special Education and 6.57% is Gifted and Talented. Forty immigrant students were served by the district during the school year. They served 23 homeless students and they also served 5 students in foster care.
In the school year of 2019 – 2020, the district had a total of 730 staff members and those included teachers, professional support, campus administration, and central office administration.
In the Region 11 enrollment trend, Aledo ISD is ranked 8th. It is ranked with other fast growing districts such as Northwest ISD, Denton ISD, and Eagle-Mountain Saginaw ISD.
How about the demographics strengths of Aledo ISD? The strengths include:
- Parental involvement
- Community involvement and support
- Increased teaching staff to provide student enrollment rates
- Students are able to relate to content based on personal experiences provided outside of school.
Now, how about the needs? Here they are.
- Aledo ISD continues planning for future district growth with regard to district facilities and staff.
- Aledo ISD continues working on a competitive salary scale across all positions.
- Aledo ISD assesses data from dropout rates for at risk identification.
- Aledo ISD uses data to improve graduation rate and decrease their at-risk population.
Aledo ISD Student Achievements
The students of Aledo ISD have achieved a number of awards. In the class of 2020, there were 457 graduates.
In the Health Science, there are:
- 18 students who earned CNA
- 27 students who earned an EKG Tech Certification
- 56 students who earned a HIPAA Certification
- 56 students who earned a Bloodborne Pathogens Certification
- 56 students who earned a CPR/ BLS Certification
- 51 students who earned Adobe Photoshop Certification
- 6 students who earned Adobe Illustrator Certification
- 84 students who earned Microsoft Office Word Certification
- 42 students who earned Microsoft PowerPoint Certification
- 15 students who earned Tx State Floral Association Level 1 Knowledge Exam
- 2 students who earned Cosmetology Operator License
- 1 Certified Veterinary Assistant (CVA)
In FFA, $17,000 was awarded to senior students from Ag Backers Alumni for college. In Robotics, for the first time all 3 of the Robotics teams of AISD made it to Regionals. Besides, team 6566 placed first and second out of 160 teams in Inspire for the North Texas Region. Team 13811 became the winner of the Innovative Award at Regionals.
In the Debate Team, the Policy Debate Team was at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in District and advanced to the State Tournament.
In Art, there were 2 students who were qualified for State in Visual Arts Scholastic Event (VASE). There was a student who qualified for the Texas Art Education Association State Capitol Show.
In Choir, AISD was selected for the 2020 National Choral Festival.
There are still many achievements of the students, to find more, you can access the website of AISD.