Now, the use of technology in every aspect is needed because it can help people to do their work easily. In the education world, one of the uses of technology is to make it easy for students, instructors and teachers to access their needs related to schools. The technology that is used here is the Student Portal where students can access their scores, assignments and other things.
If you are a student of Austin Independent School District (AISD), you need to know how to access the Student Portal because it will be needed for you to access everything related to your study in AISD.
Accessing AISD Student Portal
How to access the Student Portal of Austin Independent School District (AISD)? It is very easy. Here is the link to the AISD Student Portal. After you access this link, then you are able to login by clicking on the link on that page. Here is the link to login. After you click this link, then you will be taken to a login page. In the login page, you have to enter your username and then click on the Continue button. After that, you will be required to enter your password and then click on the Continue button.
How about the username and password that we have to use here? You are able to ask your teacher for your username and password.
After you can login to the student portal, you have access to applications that you may need for your homework or to communicate with your teachers. Several things that you can access are google email and apps, educational applications beyond assigned work, supplemental tutorials and guides, and access your grades and set grade notifications.
It is better for you to explore the Student Portal on your own. In the Portal, there are a lot of resources that can expand your classroom experience.
Checking Grades and Assignments Through the AISD Cloud
The students of AISD can access their grades and assignments through the AISD Cloud. However, it is important for you to know that the assignments which are listed in Student Self-Serve are not necessarily reflective of the assignments in Blend. You have to continue to check Blend for assignments from your teachers.
- First, you have to login to the AISD Cloud through this link my.austinisd.org.
- After that, you have to click on the tile titled Student Self-Serve.
- Then, you will be taken to the Frontline Education login screen. You have to use your AISD cloud login information to sign in.
- If you want to find your grades, you have to click on the tab named Report Cards.
- If you want to find assignments which are associated with your grades, you have to click on the grade value.
- Then, there will be a new tab named Assignments showing the assignment associated with the grade.
- If you want to check additional assignments, you have to click on the Report Cards tab again and then choose another grade value.
In the list below, you are able to see the meaning of grade value code.
- Blank: No impact on the average
- EXC (Excused): No impact on the average
- PND (Pending): No impact on the average
- ABS (Absent): No impact on the average
- I (Incomplete): Counts as a zero in the calculation of the average
- MSG (Missing): Counts as a zero in the calculation of the average
- O (Zero): Counts as a zero in the calculation of the average
You are able to click on the Email Teacher tab to email individual teachers about grades and assignments. You have to choose the name of the teacher from the drop down menu.
As a student of Austin Independent School District, you are also able to download a mobile app to your phone or tablet to be able to access your grades and assignments. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to find the TEAMS Mobile app from the app store. Then, you have to download it.
- After you download the app, you have to tap on the Select drop down menu. Choose Austin ISD and tap submit.
- You have to tap Student to select your Account Type and tap Submit.
- You have to enter your Austin ISD Cloud User ID and Password and then tap on the Login button.
- Now, you have to tap on the Report Cards.
- Here, you have to tap on the Course Number/ Name.
- In this step, you have to tap on Assignments to see the list of assignments for the course.
If you want to email teachers, here are the steps that you have to do.
- First, from the Assignments screen, you have to tap Student Home.
- Then, you have to tap Email Teacher.
- After that, you have to tap in the Teacher Name field to choose a teacher to email.
About Austin Independent School District (AISD)
There are more than 74,000 students who are educated in Austin ISD and there are 125 diverse school communities which are embraced by AISD. The mission of AISD is to provide a comprehensive educational experience that is high-quality, challenging and inspires all students to make a positive contribution to society. To prepare the students for college, career and life, AISD cooperates with world-class universities, nonprofit organizations, innovative businesses, and engaged community leaders.
Austin ISD provides a variety of educational opportunities at every level to meet the unique learning interests of each student. Here are the programs offered by Austin ISD.
- Creative Learning Initiative
- Digital Media
- Dual Language
- Early College High School Program
- Early College Prep Middle Schools
- Fine Arts Academies
- International Baccalaureate/ Middle Years Program
- Magnet Programs
- Social-Gender Campuses
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- World Languages
In Austin ISD, there is a diverse student community including children from all economic levels and backgrounds. AISD also supports more than 90 languages and there are 11 languages other than English which are taught in AISD schools. Those include Japanese, Chinese and American Sign Language.
Alison Ashley, the teacher of Becker Elementary School says that she hopes all her students leave her class with a pride in who they are becoming, confidence in who they are becoming and hope for what they can be.