In this page, we are going to share information about AISD Pay Schedule 2021 – 2022. If you come to this page to get that information, so you are at the right page. Now, from this page, you will be able to get all information you need.
AISD Pay Schedule 2021 – 2022
|Teacher Payroll – 12 pay|
|Pay Period Start||Pay Period End||Check Date|
|Para-Professional Payroll – 12 Pay|
|Pay Period Start||Pay Period End||Check Date|
Compensation Roles and Responsibilities
Compensation Department has some functions: to direct the strategic planning, implementation, design, administration, and communication of all District compensation programs, making sure the programs are aligned with the District’s strategy and district culture.
Responsibilities of Compensation Department include:
- Overseeing the implementation, design, and administration of compensation programs
- Recommending and administering policies and procedures to make sure that competitive and consistent compensation practices, also making sure adherence to the compensation philosophy.
- Evaluating and researching district needs and market trends for the aim of making sure the District’s compensation programs are competitive and give the ability to engage, attract,and motivate highly qualified employees
- Strategizing and consulting with senior leadership to educate the employees related to compensation programs.
- Evaluating compensation practices to make sure adherence to the compensation philosophy by conducting market pricing surveys:
- Pay Scale
- TASB (Texas Association of School Boards)
- Other targeted surveys
- Developing and maintaining the salary structures
- Doing job evaluations (in conjunction with Texas Association of School Boards as needed) to set the appropriate grade for each job, taking into consideration:
- Job description
- Market data
- Internal equity
- Preservation of consistency between departments
- Interviews with appropriate department or campus leader or other key employees
- Collaborating with managers to review the functions performed by each employee of their staff to give advice to the manager on the reparation of job descriptions which are to be submitted to the Compensation Department
- Considering several types of pay decisions, and also creating appropriate pay recommendations based on the district’s need, in view of:
- Market Data
- District issue
- Individual future potential
- Need for specialized skill set
- Pay others on the same career track
- Budget requirements
- Conducting compensation reviews, as required. Compensation reviews for individual employees have to be initiated through the employee’s manager.
- Directing all policy and procedure to Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources.
Annualized Earnings vs. Annualized Salary
Annual Earnings: The actual amount an employee obtains in a year. This is figured retroactively or after the earnings have been paid. This differs from annualized earnings as it is not an estimate of what may occur, it is a record of what did happen.
Annualized Salary: An annualized salary is useful for the employees who do not work a full year, such as the teachers, and for the employees who work part of each year on a salaried basis. Annualization is the process of spreading the payments to the employee out over the entire year, although the salary is only obtained for part of the year. This provides the employee a steady paycheck once they are not working.
Austin ISD approves budget for 2021–2022 fiscal year, includes staff pay raises
Based on the research, AISD board members decided to approve the budget for the 2021-2022 fiscal year. It includes an employee compensation plan. That compensation plan was made in collaboration with Education Austin President Ken Zarifis. It decided that AISD staff would get a 2 percent pay increase if the district reach its enrollment goal.
Education Austin President Ken Zarifis said that they work so hard and when 87 percent of the budget is about people, you must make sure that you invest in those people. It is very important. It was such an amazing job that this is only a step towards showing the appreciation of the district and the union have towards the workers.
The agreement also includes:
- A one-time 1,000 dollar payment for eligible staff who were employed on May 31, 2021, and remain employed through August 31, 2021.
- Increasing teachers’ and librarians’ starting salary to 51,150 dollars.
- Increasing the district’s minimum wage from 13 dollars an hour to 13.50 dollars.
- Making a committee to look at addressing compensation inequities.
For several context, for the 2019-2020 school year, Austin ISD staff got a 6 percent raise and that occurred after Gov. Greg Abbott signed House Bill 3. AISD said that was the largest raise teachers in that district have ever seen.
AISD stated on its official site, the pay raise would apply to the midpoint of the pay range for each position. it means that someone on the lower end of a pay range could get a pay increase greater than 2 percent, the opposite would hold for someone making more than the midpoint salary. Applying a pay raise to the midpoint combats what HR professionals call as salary compression. Applying pay increases equally were able to blur the differences between pay ranges, creating it hard to manage big organizations.
Education Austin President Ken Zarifis said that overall, when you look at the whole package, really considering the difficult times we are in, we think that it is a really successful package. We are glad the district was willing to do it and work closely with us to see that employees work were rewarded for their hard work last year and what is going to happen this year.