Austin Independent School District or AISD has a thing known as Self Serve. If it is the first time for you hearing the term and you are not familiar with it, it refers to something like a student portal where both the students and the parents or the guardians of the students are able to access information about the students, including the grades. It is such a great service as it reduces the use of paper. In this current pandemic, it is even better as there is no need for the students and the parents or the guardians of the students to go to the campus to ask for the grade information and they can just do it while they are sitting comfortably at home.
As mentioned before, Self Serve is offered by Austin Independent School District or AISD intended for both the students and the parents or the guardians of the students. It explains why it is divided into two: Student Self Serve and Parent Self Serve.
For every student of Austin Independent School District or AISD, you are able to access the information about your grades through Student Self Serve. All the things that should be followed are explained below:
- First of all, you should log in to the AISD Cloud at my.austinisd.org. Feel free to use any browser that you want but if you want to get a better experience, Google Chrome is preferred.
- Then, click on the tile called Student Self Serve.
- Clicking it will take you to the Frontline Education login screen. To be able to log in to the platform, please use your AISD cloud login information.
- As you want to check out your grades, you can just click on the tab called Report Cards.
- If you want to find the assignments associated with your grades, the thing that should be done is to click on the grade value. All the assignments associated with the grades will be included in the new tab named Assignments.
- For those who want to see additional assignments, you can do it easily by clicking on the Report Cards tab for the second time and then choose another grade value. There are a few terms that you are able to see on the screens. If you have no idea about the meanings of these terms, here is a brief information for you. Blank, EXC or excused, PND or pending, and ABS or absent have no impact on the average of the student. Both I or incomplete and MSG or missing count as a zero in the average calculation. Aside from these two, 0 also counts as a zero in the average calculation.
It has been stated that the parents or the guardians of the Austin Independent School District or AISD students also have the same chance to access the grades of the students. While the students can use Student Self Serve, there is a thing known as Parent Self Student for the parents or the guardians. If you are a parent or a guardian who have a student that is currently studying in Austin Independent School District or AISD, here is step by step to follow to access the information about the grade of the student:
- Firstly, sign into the AISD Portal at portal.austinisd.org.
- After signing in, you will have to click on the Frontline SIS Parent Serve tile.
- By following the step, you will be taken to a webpage to log in. Please log in by using your User ID and the password which are usually used to log in to the AISD portal.
- Then, click on the name of the student to access the information that is available.
- As you want to check out the grades of the students, the thing that should be clicked in the Report Cards so that you will be able to see the current average of the student for each course.
- If you want to see the individual assignment grades of the student, please click on a grade.
- A new tab called Assignments will open when you click on an individual assignment grade. It is the one that lists all the assignment grades as well as the due dates for that course.
- If you want to go back to see the other course grades and assignments, you can just click on the Report Cards tab.
It should be easy to access the information about the grade of the student as long as you follow every step right. Go contact 512-414-1700 if you have any questions. For the parents or guardians who do not have an account, then you will need to make one first by following this guide:
- The first thing that you should do is to open your favorite internet browser and when it opens, go to my.austinisd.org.
- When you are there, click the Click here to create your parent account link.
- After clicking it, read the thing called User Agreement and when you are done, do not forget to click the I agree to the above terms of usage box before clicking Next.
- The next thing that you have to do is to fill out the Parent Cloud Registration form. For those the parent or the guardian with a student that is currently studying in Austin ISD, please check the Parent/Guardian Contact box and enter the information of the child before clicking Next. It is worth noting that it is a must for the student information that will be entered to match the information in TEAMS. After associating a child to your account and you are also listed as the parent or the guardian of the other children, those children will be immediately associated with your account. In case there is some error and you are not able to see all of your children in Parent Self Serve, do not waste your time and contact the Parent Technology Support Help Line immediately at 512-414-9187.
- To protect your account and the information in it, it is important to enter the characters into the right field and then click Next.
- By doing so, you will receive an email that will be sent to the email address that you gave. Please click the link that is included in the email to verify your email address and activate your Parent Cloud account.
- Then, log in to the platform by using the username and password that you entered on the Parent Cloud Registration form before and then click Next.
- It might take a few minutes for your account to be created so please wait a bit.