If you are looking for the best Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) graduate programs online, there are a number of universities which offer this program. What university are they? You are able to see below and the ABA program in these universities have verification from Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI).
University of Cincinnati – Master of Education in Foundations in Behavior Analysis
According to the Applied Behavior Analysis Programs Guide website, this is one of the top 15 best applied behavior analysis online programs and the average graduate student tuition of this program in this university is $13,324 per year in-state and $24,966 per year out of state. According to the Online Counseling Programs website, this program in this university is ABAI verified.
In this program, you will be provided with the core skills to serve individuals with behavioral and learning challenges across multiple settings such as schools, clinics, residential facilities and in-home by providing students with strategies so that they can be supported with the needs and increase the level of independent functioning of individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
This program has several offerings such as:
- Financial aid
- 100% online and there is no classroom visited needed
- 10-course curriculum
- You will graduate in five semesters
- Enroll in this program can be in spring, fall or summer
- As explained earlier, Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) verified course sequence – meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) examination
Here are the accreditations and rankings of this university.
- University of Cincinnati is top 10 in the world for the total number of students that pass the BCBA Examination on their first attempt. This university offers the resources that are able to help you excel after graduation because of their size and extensive alumni group.
- This university and all of its regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- By U.S. News & World Report, it ranks in the top tier of America’s Best Colleges.
Here are some career opportunities for you if you hold an ABA masters online degree.
- Special Education
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Mental Health
- Speech Pathology
- School Counseling
- Social Work
- Substance Abuse
- Human Resources
- Criminal Justice
How about the curriculum? It can be seen in the list below.
- Applied Behavior Analysis I
- Ethics for Behavioral Practice and Research
- Behavioral Supervision and Management
- Applied Behavior Analysis II
- Applied Behavior Analysis III
- Working with Cultural and Linguistic Diversity in Schools
- Child Development
- Behavioral Research and Accountability Methods
- Frameworks for Disabilities and Disorders in Childhood
- Functional Behavioral Assessment
How about the tuition fee? Here is the information about the fee according to the website of the University of Cincinnati.
|Program Fee||Part-Time (Total cost per credit hour)||Full-time (Total cost per semester)|
|Distance Learning Fee||$26.20||$257.00|
|Total Cost per Credit (Resident)||$746.00||N/A|
|Total Cost per Credit (Non-Resident)||$761.00||N/A|
|Total Tuition Cost per Semester (Resident)||N/A||$7,451.00|
|Total Tuition Cost per Semester (Non-Resident)||N/A||$7,601.00|
It is important to note that costs are subjects to change at any time.
University of West Florida – Online Masters in Exceptional Student Education
According to Online Counseling Programs site, Masters in Exceptional Student Education, Applied Behavior Analysis in the University of West Florida is ABAI verified. You will have to complete a core of 21 credit hours and it includes a course in the Department of Teacher Education and Educational Leadership and an Educational Investigative Sequence. Besides, you have to complete a cognate program of at least 15 credit hours in applied behavior analysis or special and alternative education.
Here are the required courses (30 credit hours) in Applied Behavior Analysis Specialization.
- Foundations of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Behavioral Assessments
- Applied Behavior Analysis and System Support
- Concepts of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Supervision and Management Fluency
- Measurement and Single Case Design
- Ethics in Applied Behavior Analysis
You have to choose 3 of the courses below.
- Autism and the Law
- Intensive Intervention in Autism and Related Disabilities
- Curriculum Design for Behavior Analysis
- Experimental Analysis of Behavior
- Advanced Single Case Design
In the table below, you are able to see the costs and financial aid offered by the University of West Florida in this program.
|In-state tuition||$384.60 per credit hour (based on 30 credit hours)||$11,538.00|
|In-state tuition with maximum transfer credits (up to 6)||$384.60 per credit hour||$9,230.40|
|Fall out-of-state tuition||$1,044.24 per credit hour||$31,327.20|
|90% out-of-state tuition waiver||$478.83 per credit hour||$14,364.90|
Ball State University – Master of Arts in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) with an Emphasis in Autism
Master of Arts in Applied Behavior Analysis in Ball State University is ABAI verified. In this program, you will take the 30-credit program which is done online completely. You can choose to complete it in less than two years. The ABA degree in this university is housed in Ball State’s Teachers College which holds a number of national ranking and recognitions. Ball State itself is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), Indiana Teacher Training and Licensing Commission and the Higher Learning Commission.
This program permits you to create a plan of study which can fit your life. You are able to choose to take one or two courses each semester and you will be helped by your academic advisor to create a plan of study that can fit your needs.
In the list below, you are able to see the required courses for completing the degree.
- Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis
- Behavioral Consultation
- Advanced Applied Behavior Analysis
- Professional Issues in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Research Methods for Behavior Analysis
- Introduction to Persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Interventions and Treatments for Persons with Autism
- Field-Based Experience in Autism or Field-Based Experience in Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Verbal Behavior
- Supervising Human Service Staff in ABA
There are still more universities which offer an online ABA program online. If you want to know more, you are able to search the information about it on the other sites.